Global Recruiter at Ele1 Consultants
Views:3117 Applications:196 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:88
CRO/VP - Credit & Risk - BFSI (10-20 yrs)
The role of a Risk Manager is to communicate risk policies and processes for an organization. They provide hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit, and operational risk, assure controls are operating effectively, and provide research. Sets the strategic risk management vision and is charged with delivering that strategy to the company using exceptional leadership skills, a network of internal and external alliances and highly developed business skills. Seeks ways to optimize risks in the organization as a competitive business advantage.
- Responsible for developing, directing and monitoring sophisticated risk management strategies associated with loan acquisition activities.
- Working around the data to have a direct and significant impact on the business operations and expansion plans.
- Drive the "data strategy" - thinking of new data sources, making those data sources available, talking to third parties.
- Manage data and provide insights from data analysis and statistical models, to enable lending decisions and recommend optimizations.
- Willing to get into previously unchartered territory, build completely new Risk Models, with data that has not been traditionally used for Risk Assessment.
- Performing a risk assessment: Analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company.
- Performing a risk evaluation: Evaluating the company's previous handling of risks and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements.
- Establishing the level of risk, the company is willing to take.