CRISIL - Associate Director - Legal (10-30 yrs)
Job Title: Associate Director - Legal
Reports to: Director - Legal
- Draft, review, negotiate, execute and implement contracts including without limitation RFP's, Non Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Statement of Works, Licensing Agreements, IPR related documents and other legal documents pertaining to CRISIL
- Assist in establishing and implementing contractual processes.
- Monitoring and Governance of Contracts
- Mediation and Dispute resolution by recording and monitoring of all claims, disputes, notices etc. with respect to a contract, and collaboration with related teams, for resolution of the same.
- Development of guidance notes, work instructions and appropriate check-lists, for consistent application across the lifecycle of all contracts in the region and globally.
- The successful candidate will also, from time to time, provide support in relation to more complex legal arrangements relating to regulatory matters and employee issues.
- Advising on employment matters
- Advising on Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection
Principal Accountabilities : General
- Complete Contracts Management. (pre & post closure)
- Managing claims and contractual disputes, proposal management.
- Driving and fostering innovation, in all stages of Contract Management.
- Handling IT/ Property related and Licensing Agreements.
- Conducting negotiations with clients (in Person / telephonic).
- Identifying contractual, commercial and operational risks and exposures in the contracts.
- Providing inputs/mark-up on contracts to negate contractual, commercial and operational risks and exposures.
- Working with internal and external clients to structure, prepare, negotiate and finalize agreements, letters of intent, commercial proposals, etc.
- Providing legal support for ongoing contract management related activities.
- Working in close co-ordination with external legal counsel.
Participate in discussions with internal stakeholders, external counsels and advisors during the entire contracting process.
- The position is located in Mumbai and the job holder will be supporting the business in UK, India and globally. The individual will need to demonstrate a strong ability to:
- Prioritise and manage work load effectively, recognising the quick turn-around requirements;
- Work independently with minimal supervision and take responsibility.
- Travel frequently to UK or other locations as per business requirements.
- CANDIDATE SHOULD NOT BE FROM LPO's/ KPO's.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience specifically in contracts management.
- High quality experience in an in-house position or leading UK law firm, with significant exposure to corporate and commercial work consistent with the Purpose described above. International credentials and/or work experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong academic results from a leading UK, Indian (or other) university.
- Has been exposed to high profile commercial and IP transactions.
- Ability to understand the commercial requirements of a business, particularly a Financial Service industry with ability to identify commercial and IP issues and demonstrate judgment in assisting businesses to reach sensible decisions.
- Ability to understand commercial and IP implications of matters and when they should be elevated to senior management.
- Willing and able to perform some of the more mundane legal tasks, providing guidance, support and input across the spectrum of the legal framework. A broad understanding of how legal issues impact upon a large global organisation is therefore necessary.
- Able to effectively manage external lawyers (not just as an administrator).
Personal Skills :
- Team player
- Quick learner
- Business acumen
- Excellent command over written and spoken English. Should be able to articulate the views and effectively interact with senior management and clients.
- Advanced drafting, negotiation and risk management skills.
- Knows and understands own weaknesses both in terms of knowledge and personal competency and when to use other team members or external resources to fill these gaps
- Confident, motivated and a self starter
- Able to apply the law in a commercial way
- Professional impact - impressive and able to work with senior individuals both inside and outside the organisation.
- Prepared to challenge where appropriate