Talent Acquisition at Credit Suisse
Views:2149 Applications:226 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Credit Suisse - Vice President - Product Control (14-18 yrs)
The position will be in the Product Control Valuation Risk and Control group, which serves as Credit Suisse's second line of defense by independently price testing the firm's assets/liabilities that are carried at fair value. Specifically, the role will focus on the bank's private equity investments.
The person in this position will independently value both private company investments that CS owns directly or through a fund. The investments can be in a wide array of industries and countries.
The position will involve considerable contact with the Front Office banking team and/or fund managers; middle office functions; other Product Controllers; Financial Controllers; and Risk Management. There will also be periodic interaction with internal/ external auditors and regulators. The person in this position will be expected to assist in improving/refining existing processes. Further, the person in the role will be responsible for tracking the portfolio companies and will focus on macroeconomic, industry and private equity trends that could affect positions in the portfolios. There will also be involvement in the preparation of management reports on the portfolios and, periodically, other special ad hoc projects.
The person will also participate in the valuation governance process, including monthly inventory valuation review meetings with the Front Office, senior PC management, and other CFO teams, including risk, and will liaise with the Front Office on information requests and valuation issues.
Professional Requirements -
- Knowledge of private equity valuation methodologies, particularly the Market Approach (e.g. industry multiple and transaction multiple analysis) and the Income Approach (e.g. discounted cash flow analysis)
- Familiarity with the private equity business
- Knowledge of corporate finance concepts
- Understanding of basic accounting
- Knowledge of various types of equity and debt instruments
Desired Technical Skills:
- Strong quantitative/ analytical skills
- Knowledge of data systems and sources such as Bloomberg and FactSet
- Experience with industry and company research
- Strong writing skills
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (e.g. Excel)
- Knowledge of PowerPoint
- Familiarity with currency issues
- Familiarity and understanding of complex investment and ownership structures
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate key concepts and valuation opinions to front office teams and auditors/regulators