HR at Credit Suisse
Views:4481 Applications:124 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Credit Suisse - Vice President - Credit Risk Data Analytics - CRO (10-17 yrs)
The Chief Risk Office (CRO) mission is to protect the Bank's capital by establishing a strong control environment for the relevant risks. To this end, the division uses four primary functions to manage all relevant issues: Strategic Risk Management (SRM), Credit Risk Management (CRM), Risk and Finance Data Analytics and Reporting (RFDAR), and Bank Operational Risk Oversight. The division also addresses critical risk areas such as business continuity and reputational risk management.
The RFDAR function organization assumes responsibility for the data, production and reporting elements of our capital reporting deliverables, accountable for the accuracy and timeliness of input provided for reporting purposes.
The Credit Risk Calcs (CRC) group is part of RFDAR with a current strength of 106.
The teams within CRC are :
- Exposure Moves Analysis (EMA) team which validates and explains credit risk exposure and adjusts exposure for CRM and for the purpose of regulatory RWA and Capital reporting to IHC, PRA and FINMA across SFT, CCP and OTC products.
- Scenarios Exposure Analysis (SEA) team which validates scenarios exposure variances for monthly reporting (stressed and non-stressed) and ad hoc issues on scenarios exposure calculations.
- Exposure Queries Analysis (EQA) team which conducts the root cause analysis of queries raised by stakeholders - all users of Credit Risk Exposure - to support the validation of exposure from methodology and data flow standpoints and strategic remediation of gaps, if any.
MAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
The CRC team is seeking to recruit a VP to manage the EMA team, with a combined strength of 20-25 people. Expectations:
- Manage the EMA book of work - Delivery of daily and monthly Basel III credit risk exposure moves commentary and analysis for RWA and Capital reporting to our key regulators - PRA, FINMA and IHC.
- Prompt exposure moves validation for daily and month-end with a view to monitor total exposure at entity and group levels
- Provide indicative estimates of VaR, PE, EPE profiles to Financial Accounting, RWA management and Front Office business teams when the risk engine fails to capture exposure profiles accurately, using advanced simulation tools and models for factor based, sensitivity based (Historical simulation) and Monte Carlo (Taylor series approximation and/or Partial revaluation) risk calculators
- Effective design of root-cause analysis methods for exposure movements to ensure minimum turnaround time
- In instances where data/methodology issues are identified, strive for strategic resolution and coordinate the prioritization of remediation work with partner teams, with a view to reduce number of tactical adjustments
- Resource allocation for SME support on key regulatory projects pertaining to interpreting system and business logic and validation of exposure methodologies
- Understand end-to-end data flow and functioning logic of our proprietary Credit Risk Management tool
- Actively participate in working group/steering committees of key regulatory projects to understand exposure impacts and plan accordingly for future potential workstreams
- Manage efficient resource allocation to ensure optimum turnaround time to stakeholders
- Manage escalations and stakeholders promptly through coordination with various partners and team members as required to ensure a prompt resolution
- Preparation and communication of KPIs for EMA, and authoring of information packs as required
- Ensure process documentation and updating knowledge/training documents
- Maintain team training plans and ensure knowledge sharing amongst team members
- Promote continuous knowledge building through interaction with CRO partner and stakeholder teams
- Manage attrition levels and develop senior members- skills to mentor new hires
- Capitalize on synergies between the different teams in CRDA for an efficient workflow and minimal redundancy in efforts spent on root cause analysis
- Manage hiring process. Challenge the status quo and continuously, raise the bar for himself and team
- Maintain and strive to further the high performance standards that have been established by the team thus far in terms of contribution, work climate and relationship with others
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and manage their expectations
- Collaborate closely with partner teams to develop solutions
- Challenge status quo and build strategies to improve workflows and achieve more efficiency, demonstrate significant initiative beyond BAU areas of responsibility
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism and principled behaviour and be a role model to your team
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES (e.g. shifts, travel overseas, hours):
This team does not operate on shifts but the candidate is expected to understand the significance of timelines and work for extended hours on occasional basis if required
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Graduate or Post-Graduate in Finance/Statistics/Economics/Sciences/Engineering/Mathematics
- Completed or currently taking the CFA or FRM qualifications
10+ years of work experience in Credit Risk or related control function, with good product knowledge and good understanding of Risk management tools and techniques
- Strong analytical skills to identify the scope of issues and ability to provide appropriate solutions
- Good knowledge of financial products across various asset classes
- Good knowledge of risk management principles and risk measurement methodologies
- Ability to work around complex data systems. Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong people leadership experience
- Strong presentation and communication skills, especially with stakeholder groups, including senior management face-off
- Stakeholder management experience
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.