HR at Credit Suisse
Views:2710 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Credit Suisse - Vice President - Business Analyst - Market Risk (12-18 yrs)
Market Risk IT Change is a team of approximately 80 business analysts across London, Singapore, Poland, and India. The market risk applications are receiving significant investment through critical regulatory programs including the BCBS Fundamental Review of the Trading Book, the FED CCAR initiative, and FINMA Pillar 2 commitments to migrate the target state business processes to a new strategic platform whilst continuing to add new functionality and capacity. Releases are planned on quarterly basis, with each release managed as project within the program of Market Risk deliveries.
Business analysis within in the team come from numerous backgrounds including: experience of market risk methodologies with significant understanding of statistical and quantitative techniques; core business analysis skills including mapping process flows, detailed data analysis and producing functional specifications; and system analysis focusing on detailed understanding of a core process or system within the market risk domain. Business analysts are expected to be deep subject matter experts for their respective requirements and be recognized by both the business and IT teams as the 'go to' authority on the domain. The role demands the individuals to take responsibility for deriving the most appropriate solution and driving this through to delivery.
The lead business analyst will have the responsibility for working with the global leads to ensure delivery of regulatory commitments, through oversight of all project requirements and coordination of extended team capacity and capability
In particular, the role requires to:
- Engage with business clients to clarify and understand the business requirements
- Engage with relevant IT staff and clients to propose solutions
- Produce properly structured system requirements documents (functional and non-functional), end-to-end process flows and use-cases for Business and Technology
- Organize and lead requirements review meetings for IT and for the clients, capturing sign-offs, decisions made and actions arising
- Be the requirements Subject Matter Expert (SME), managing and resolving questions arising from the development team, test team, clients and management
- Ensure timely delivery of requirements and design documents in line with project milestones, leading a team of BAs on projects where required
- Introduce best practices and design/enhance the templates for BA artifacts where required
- Gain product knowledge on various systems involved in market risk vertical at a fast pace
- Help create a repository of knowledge documents to enhance IP knowledge within team
- Conduct training on domain and on various risk systems used with CS, especially for any new joiners
- Help standardize and establish a robust delivery model for the Offshore BA team
- Help set up a repository of project deliverable to ensure all BA artifacts and system documents are live, easily traceable and updated with latest changes at all times
- Help with recruitment where needed
- Wide experience of client handling, stakeholder management, giving demos, and documenting requirements, specification documents, process flows, functional architectures, etc.
- In-depth experience of capital markets, trade life cycle, various financial products and market risk concepts like VaR, Capital calculation, Sensitivities, Greeks, etc.
- Proven business analysis experience on large projects within a Risk or Front Office environment
- Good understanding of Market Risk regulations - BCBS, FEMA, FRTB, CCAR, etc.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent with documentations, training, presentations, etc.
- A team player and a self-starter, who can proactively engage with peers and clients, take ownership and lead from front to ensure timely completion of all deliverable.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment for all stakeholders
- Ability to work at a fast pace in a team and adapt style to ensure the project is successful
- Visibly high integrity and right attitude to act as a role model and mentor for the BA team
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.