Credit Suisse - Stress Scenario Design Analyst (3-7 yrs)
This role will be part of Stress Testing and Risk Frameworks, within Credit Suisse (CS) Group Enterprise and Operational Risk Management (EORM)
Stress Scenario Design, within Stress Testing and Risk Frameworks, uses quantitative tools, qualitative analysis, and extensive syndication to develop stress scenarios for the CS Group. The output and analysis of stress scenarios is presented to senior management and to the CS Board. The business focus is Stress Tests performed for CS Group and for CS Business Divisions. Support for the development of stress scenarios for CS Legal Entities will also be required.
The key partners will be the CS Group's head regulator (FINMA) as well as CS Board and CS senior management, in particular the Chief Risk Officers of CS Divisions. Accordingly, this role will eventually offer significant exposure to senior management. Moreover, the role is within one of the critical areas of CS - Stress Testing. Stress Testing is viewed internally within CS as an integral risk management and business planning tool and not just as a regulatory requirement. The role will lead to a detailed understanding of the CS Group stress testing framework in terms of risk coverage and methodologies applied.
- You will design new stress scenarios and keep relevant existing scenarios, as external conditions evolve and to ensure that material CS risks and exposures are gathered.
- You will improve stress scenarios using quantitative expansion models.
- You will supply the use of quantitative expansion models with qualitative experienced judgement which references stress events that have occurred in the past and brainstorms how the markets and economy may plausibly react in the future.
- You will help to drive syndication and agreement on stress scenario assumptions with the CS Economic Research fraternity, with CS risk managers across all the asset classes, with model owners, and with CS Businesses.
- Support the production of regular high quality updates on emerging external risks.
Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks colleagues with a common set of abilities - highly motivated and creative individuals who have demonstrated academic achievement, and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. We- ll be looking at your potential, your ability, your academic background and your extracurricular activities.
- You have experience in mathematical modeling and forecasting tools, although mainly as a user rather than as a builder.
- You have data modelling and database management skills, including some coding skills to facilitate automation.
- You have an awareness of Market Risk and/or Credit Risk management issues.
- You have attention to detail
- You have strong communication skills to explain complex issues in a simple way.
- The facilitation skills to handle projects from start-to-finish and to tight deadlines.
- A strong quantitative background, such as a degree in finance or in statistics.
- You have deep understanding of traded, banking book and credit risks, most likely gained through working in a risk function in a financial institution.
- You have strong communication skills, both verbal and written..
- Ideally you have some experience in translating macro-economic and market concepts into plausible risk factor shocks in hypothetical stress scenarios.
- Ideally some data-base management and coding experience to facilitate automation.
Credit Suisse Firm Overview
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Credit Suisse is committed to a professional and inclusive work environment where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. - 2018 CREDIT SUISSE GROUP AG and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.