Credit Suisse - Model Risk Management Role - Validation (4-8 yrs)
Part of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) at Credit Suisse, the Model Risk Management (MRM) team has a mandate to validate the Bank's business-impactful models firm-wide and more generally to identify, measure and handle model risk across Credit Suisse. The team is established in London, Zurich, New York, Mumbai, Warsaw, Hong Kong and Singapore. As a member of the MRM team, you will get exposure to modelling in a wide variety of risk areas such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk etc. The current heightened regulatory focus on these areas and the team's broader model risk scope also guarantees a significant level of interest and transparency to the business and senior management. Opportunities to present results to partners as well as peers are numerous, allowing you to widen and develop their network and reputation.
- We participate in independent validation reviews across a wide range of core Risk Capital or other business-impactful models used throughout the bank, meeting business needs and regulatory expectations, with responsibility for investigating key aspects of each model under review: choice of modelling approach, the underlying assumptions and associated limitations, performance and optimal use of the model, etc.
- We review, verify and validate risk models for theoretical soundness, testing design and identification of model weaknesses, ensuring ongoing monitoring, as well as contribute in the firm-wide model risk and control assessment.
- Be expected the we demonstrate independence in planning and partner engagement, testing design and execution, results interpretation and presentation, and the production of documentation strong enough to evidence a sound challenge to both internal and external parties.
The truly global scope of model risk means that this role will involve working with a deeply broad group of partners from every part of the firm, investigating model risk and model governance standards and performing detailed validation of risk models.
- For the role in the MRM team are expected to hold a first degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Finance, and probably a Masters or PhD.
- You have strong mathematical / statistical background is essential
- You have deep understanding of financial products and the sources of risks and revenues in banking.
- You have strong communication skills in verbal and written with fluency in English and a focus on technical writing
- You have client focus and the ability to communicate effectively with senior partners, including able explain complex topics to a diverse range of audiences.
- You have self-motivation, discipline, task focus, able to structure and present work and a proven track record of delivering high quality results to strict deadlines.
- You have hands-on practical experience in risk modelling, real-world time series analysis and deep understanding of global regulatory requirements.
- You have deep knowledge including programming experience of software applications such as R, Mat-lab, SQL and SAS.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Embracing diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.