HR at Credit Suisse
Views:4863 Applications:217 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Credit Suisse - Model Risk Auditor (3-10 yrs)
Model Risk Auditor
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients- and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
This opportunity is for individuals with proven expertise in modeling of risk and valuation in financial services to join Model Risk Audit team within Internal Audit which is responsible for delivering independent assurance over model risks globally. The reach of the team extends to all functions of the bank (including risk management, pricing/valuation, capital, and other business decision making models).
We are seeking candidates who will be responsible for the performance of audit projects to review model development and validation processes.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform audit procedures covering the end to end model development and validation process, including: review and testing of model design, implementation, application, validation and governance processes. Successful candidates will be expected to build relationships with key stakeholders, keep up to date with emerging best practices and developments and perform continuous risk monitoring activities.
- Review and assess the model development and independent model validation performed by CS based on review and testing of the development and validation processes and documentation
- Investigating key aspects of each model under review, incl. model documentation, model selection, input data, theoretical construction, implementation (independent calculation) and model governance (inventory related models, issues, escalation, agreed actions, approvals/limitations and/or conditions of use) with reference to internal policies and regulatory requirements (e.g. FED SR11/7)
- Participation in working groups addressing modeling issues and the model control environment
- Reviewing findings with colleagues in different audit groups including business and subject matter experts
- Verifying effective controls and procedures to mitigate for model risk and residual uncertainty
- Documenting the testing performed
- As a part of this team the candidate will get exposure to modeling and model validation in a wide range of activities, including risk management, pricing/valuation, capital, stress testing, and other business decision making models. The current heightened regulatory focus on these areas and the broader model risk scopes also guarantees a significant level of interest and visibility to the business and senior management. The diversity of assignments available within this role offers the chance for team members to gain a broad range of model risk experience. Opportunities to present results to stakeholders as well as peers are numerous, allowing the candidate to widen and develop their network and reputation.
- A university degree in econometrics, quantitative finance or equivalent
- Experience in model risk assurance activities (internal/external audit, independent validation or regulatory environment) and understanding of risk and/or pricing modelling in the financial industry
- Ability to manage team assignments
- Strong communication and writing skills (fluency in English is a prerequisite)
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.