HR at Credit Suisse
Views:7344 Applications:360 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Credit Suisse - Manager - Quantitative Market Risk (3-8 yrs)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a new streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across business, division and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients and to help our employees grow. It is high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
The role is for an experienced Quantitative Market Risk Manager in the Market Risk Management team responsible for the Global Markets Credit, comprising of Global Credit Products and Securitized Products.
The desk is a specialized function that has a broad and fast-growing mandate that primarily includes originating, pricing and market making Corporate Credit and Asset-backed products, including Asset Financings. Additionally, the desk manages a dynamic macro-hedging capital optimization effort focused on market and credit risk. Thus prior experience in any of these areas is a definite advantage.
- Identify and develop methodology and perform independent quantitative stress testing analysis using statistical tools both for trading portfolios and asset finance (with corporate and asset-backed collateral ) deals.
- Model portfolio defaults loss and resulting collateral shortfall in Asset finance deals.
- Gather, monitor and understand all material risks in the portfolio and ensure these are reported accurately. Reviewing market risk positions, particularly under potential risk scenarios, and raise challenges to the desk if necessary
- Liaising closely with the businesses to understand market trends and to report exposure under different market conditions. Monitor underlying market conditions, liquidity issues, and potential macro as well as idiosyncratic event risks
- Ensure detailed understanding of all P&L and Risk drivers
- Develop scenarios to control and understand tail risk exposures
- Review and approve new complex transactions: reviewing risks related to non-standard or structured trades and new products. Collaborating with the business and other support functions to figure out the nature and size of risks and ensure they are within the firm's risk appetite
- Design and implementation of suitable risk management frameworks. Helping improve our risk management capabilities
- Understand how Trading view, price and handle risk
- Maintain close communication with Trading and Quant teams
- Provide effective challenge of trading and asset finance risk, hedging strategies and methodologies
- Ensure rapid reporting of risk limits to Trading and Market Risk/Trading Management and adherence to those limits
- Contributing to the development of the risk team and to the positive work environment. Partner with various other functions to devise a suitable business strategy for capital optimization and identify gaps in risk system and work with business analyst and IT teams for system improvement, development, and testing
- Develop deep understanding of valuation models and regulatory capital rules
- You have strong technical knowledge of Credit products and understanding of Financial Mathematical techniques, Risk Measures, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, and/or practical experience of Python/C++/VBA etc.
- You have experience working in a relevant field (e.g. risk management, trading, structuring). Experience in Credit Products and/or Securitized Products would be ideal
- B Tech and/or MBA from Tier 1 institute is preferred
- You will have deep knowledge of derivatives across multiple asset classes and familiarity of their Market Risk profiles
- The ability to rapidly grasp, apply and explain detailed technical concepts
- You are able to take ownership of key responsibilities and be a problem solver
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Embracing diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.