HR at Credit Suisse
Views:1300 Applications:97 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Credit Suisse - Functional Risk Control Manager - CRO (9-13 yrs)
CRO Functional Risk Control Manager #101828
The role will be based in the Pune office as part of the COO department within CRO. The candidate will be part of the team that ultimately supports the APAC CRO FRCO (Functional Risk Control Officer) who is responsible for the first-line operational risk and control governance framework for APAC CRO department. The candidate will play a critical role in the build-out this newly established control and governance function in APAC.
APAC Chief Risk Officer Department
The APAC CRO provides independent risk oversight of Credit Suisse entities in Asia-Pacific with teams in seven key countries - Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, India, China and South Korea. The APAC CRO provides independent risk oversight for the APAC Division and relevant APAC legal entities including Branches, for the market, liquidity, credit, operational and fiduciary risk.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will have the following responsibilities relating to the following aspects of the role:
- Support of the core first-line operational risk and control processes, including the RCSA cycle; internal controls documentation, design, mapping & testing; internal operational risk incident analysis, tracking & reporting; out-sourcing supervision; end-user computing supervision; etc.;
- Design, allocation, performance monitoring, analysis, support and reporting on permanent supervision controls;
- Tracking and reporting on internal/external audit and Regulatory deliverables across APAC CRO;
- Quality control assurance processes on all internal/external audit and Regulatory commitments;
- Operational risk flags development, monitoring, and reporting;
- Support, development, and maintenance of any regional CRO policies and procedures;
- New Business coordination and reporting;
- Operational MI;
- Good citizenship program involvement, review and monitoring and metrics;
- Preparation and delivery, as assigned, of presentation to management, governance bodies and others; and
- Ad hoc projects/tasks to support APAC CRO FRCO regarding controls and controls environment.
- A suitable candidate would be educated to degree level. They should have minimum 10+ years working in a professional environment (e.g. Investment Bank, Big 4 Accounting Firm).
- Internal control focused experience in one or more of the following areas: operational risk management, external or internal audit, regulatory compliance, trading controls, financial reporting or product control.
- Demonstrable experience in one or more of the following: development or maintenance of risk management control frameworks; change programs; performance of internal controls reviews/audits; governance and policy frameworks; audit findings management (including action plan writing, tracking, issue closure and validation).
- A good understanding of Investment Banking and Financial Services markets, with a focused understanding of broader Risk function. Specific experience/knowledge of Asia-Pacific is useful but not necessary.
- Familiarity and experience of the regulatory landscape and the changes impacting Foreign Banking Organizations would be useful but not necessary.
- As this is a new role, the candidate should be a highly disciplined individual, self-motivated, delivery focused with the ability to work independently and multi-task. They should have the capability to balance strategic objectives with the need to make interim tactical choices in order to sustain progress. They must be able to rapidly grasp, apply and explain detailed technical concepts. They will be required to produce high-quality work, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- As the candidate will be dealing with both junior and senior members of the firm on a regular basis, he or she will need to have a professional manner with good interpersonal and communication skills, able to build relationships with a diverse group of both technical and non-technical resources.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are compulsory.
- The candidate should have excellent English oral and written skills, including excellent presentation skills.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.