Talent Acquisition at Credit Suisse
Views:4838 Applications:378 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Credit Suisse - AVP - Structured Trade Review - Product Control (6-9 yrs)
Structured Trade Review :
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a new streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across business, division and regions to build creative solutions to meet the needs of our clients and to help our employees grow. It is high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's craft the future of Credit Suisse together
STR is a control & review over the consistency between the structured trade bookings in trade collection & risk management systems and the relevant obligations described in legal documentation for the most complex & high risk financial products at the bank. Failure to perform this control on a timely basis can result in the mis-statement of financial and risk information leading to potential economic loss, incorrect regulatory reporting and issues with client interactions. STRs aim to address the following concerns for complex transactions
- The overall client trade is adequately represented by the often complex structure of individual component parts booked in trading systems
- Appropriate valuation models are used
- Valuation adjustments are identified and reviewed for appropriateness
- All structures executed which have been subject to CS Risk Committee (Pre Trade Valuation & Risk Approval) or New Business initiative approvals
This role requires working full time on Structured Trade Reviews throughout the month. The tasks performed by this team cover all the regions.
- Ensure that STRs are completed within the policy timelines
- Resolve valuation booking errors identified or raise to managers for resolution on time
- Raise with model analytics group any queries regarding models or scripts
- Raise with Valuation Risk Group any queries regarding embedded valuation adjustments
- Where there are material errors or unrecorded elements of a transaction, inform supervisors and relevant departments e.g. Front Office, Middle Office, Operations, Business Control, model analysts, Legal etc.
- Inform your supervisor promptly of any reviews not completed within the review deadlines
- Liaise with meaningful areas e.g. Front Office, Legal and Operations, etc. to discuss implications of issues arising from reviews and required actions. Carry out necessary follow-ups to ensure all action points get cleared on a timely basis.
You Offer :
- You have an inquisitive attitude to question any valuation which looks out of place
- You have accuracy and attention to detail to ensure controls are performed completely and correctly
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have expertise with Microsoft Excel
- You have deep understanding of financial derivatives and valuation principles
- You have strong communication skills
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Embracing diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.