Associate Consultant at Careernet
Views:1479 Applications:111 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:60
Credit Risk Management Strategy Role - Banking (5-10 yrs)
1. Role Purpose:
- Credit Risk Management Strategy is one of the key functional areas within Retail Risk Management. This function owns the development of Origination and Account Management strategies for the different Regions within group across all retail products (secure and unsecure).
- This role applies to the Business Consulting job family and would encompass formulating strategies such as approve/decline, limit table, line management, re-pricing, authorizations, etc., in accordance to the strategic direction of the Business area
- The role requires the incumbent to lead the Credit Risk Strategy function for the HBME Region, reporting into the Head of Credit Risk Strategy in the GAC.
- Responsibilities on Strategy Development would include Approve / Decline, Limit Assignment, Risk Based Pricing, Line Management, Authorizations, Re-pricing & Re-issue, among others.
- Develop understanding of the HBME portfolio, and changing regulatory environment to develop and recommend strategies that are suitable to the Business area and direction
- Liaison with multiple regional support in GAC to establish best practices and implement "best in class" analytical processes across the group Train team on analytical and communication skills
- Identify hiring and training needs for the team, make sound hiring decisions and implement a solid training plan to up skill both new hires and existing / tenured employees
- Identify opportunities for standardization of analytical processes to bring in effectiveness and gain efficiency.
- Drive innovation for self and the team to deliver incremental business value to the Region
- Implement sound project management practice for the team to delivery error free projects with high analytical content.
- Develop presentations that are Business Ready
- Operational Effectiveness, Leadership & Teamwork:
- Change agent, drives innovation. Ensures compliance to established policy.
- Work with different regional teams to identify and scope projects.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the regional teams.
- Recruit, train and retain talent.
- Display Good leadership skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate across all levels.
- Build high level of credibility at senior management level
- Uphold the highest level of integrity and act as a role model for all values and business principles.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excel and perform to the highest standards.
1. Bachelors degree in mathematics/ statistics/ economics or equivalent; Masters degree is preferred
2. At least 5+ years of relevant experience in analytics preferably in the fields like Strategy Development, Loss Forecasting/Reserving, Modeling, Risk Strategy, Marketing etc.
3. Excellent communication skills with technical (the team) and non-technical (senior entity management in region) counterparts; being able to "translate" between the two worlds is the major thing in the day to day work.
4. Strong analytical skills with an ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
5. Good organizational, analytical, problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills.
6. Prior experience in managing risk activities in retail lending is essential.
7. Prior experience in managing Retail portfolios such as Mortgage, Cards, Loans and Overdrafts
8. Prior experience with acquisition risk strategy, account management strategy or strategy analysis and portfolio management would be preferred. Exposure to TRIAD and SMG3 would be a plus.