Operations Manager at Climate Policy Initiative
Views:10226 Applications:397 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:380
CPI - Senior Analyst - Energy Finance Team (3-5 yrs)
About the Organization :
Climate change is one of the world's most pressing challenges; one that requires technology, policy, markets, finance, and investment to work in concert. In recent years, technological progress has been remarkably positive, while policy has been more stagnant. But energy market design and financial innovation are sometimes overlooked or underdeveloped keys to harnessing technology, encouraging effective policy, accelerating innovation, driving investment, rebalancing incentives, and managing global transition risks.
Climate Policy Initiative's Energy Finance practice is a multidisciplinary team of economists, analysts, and finance and energy professionals focused on developing innovative finance and energy market solutions that accelerate local, national, and global transitions to low-carbon economies.
CPI was founded in 2009, and has offices in Europe, Brazil, Indonesia, India, and the United States. As the urgency for action on climate change intensifies, the demand for our work is evolving and increasing. We are therefore scaling up the team to answer pressing questions posed by decision makers at companies and governments, and to help policy makers develop new energy market structures and low-carbon transition mechanisms.
About the position :
CPI offers a challenging environment that requires independent thinking, effective client and stakeholder management, purposeful collaboration and pragmatic problem-solving skills. CPI is looking for a talented, highly skilled, flexible and motivated individual to join its Energy Finance team in India to conduct research and analytics for our work in the country.
The successful applicant will undertake robust analysis that draws on methodologies from a range of disciplines including public policy, finance and economics. In conducting research and analysis, s/he will be required to work in conjunction with other CPI offices worldwide as well as with a range of local and international partners, including energy utilities, investor groups, government agencies and other private sector actors. S/he is expected to demonstrate good quantitative analysis skills; prior experience in finance; prior experience in electricity and renewable generation; excellent written and oral communication skills; an ability to collaborate effectively with a global team; and an ability to generate actionable rather than academic insights.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following and other duties as assigned (with minimum supervision):
- Undertake rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis and evaluation of business models, electricity sector technologies, energy markets and policies, and energy infrastructure financing
- Work with minimum supervision to produce high-quality materials to short deadlines including white papers, presentations, policy briefs, blogs, etc. to communicate research findings
- Work effectively with Consultants in the London and the San Francisco team and the rest of the Energy Finance team in the global network to deliver the interim and final project mandates
- Collaborate and communicate with different stakeholders outside the organization to gather data, insights and support for timely turnaround of projects
- Support the programme director for ad-hoc research efforts in line with the mission of CPI Energy Finance
Professional Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Clear understanding of power system, electricity market design
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with specialization in Finance, Economics, or Business
- 3-5 years of experience in the electricity sector or related energy areas such as renewables, energy storage, energy supply, energy and transport technologies, infrastructure project development, or similar fields
- A strong analytical/quantitative background with experience collecting, analyzing and presenting data and quantitative research findings. Advanced proficiency with Excel is a must. Familiarity with electricity and energy sector data sources is a plus
- Familiarity and comfort working with government officials, academics and research organizations, and leaders from the private sector
- Attention to detail is critical with ability to work and deliver quality outputs on time and with minimum supervision
- An insightful, independent, analytical mind with a strong track record of applying sound political and strategic judgment in complex situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate methods, insights and recommendations from complex qualitative and quantitative analysis in a compelling and influential way both internally and to expert and non-technical audiences
- Professionalism and enthusiasm for working with a diverse team in a collegiate and productive manner
- Respect for your fellow colleagues and a deep commitment to the mission and values of CPI
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in Hindi and other local languages of India would be highly desirable
Compensation and Benefits
The position is available for immediate appointment. It is based in Delhi/NCR. Travel within India will be required. CPI offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
If you meet the criteria, kindly apply.
With your application, attach two documents: (1) CV/resume, (2) a cover letter.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunities employer.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.