Operations Manager at Climate Policy Initiative
Views:10557 Applications:185 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:184
CPI - Consultant - Energy Finance Team (6-20 yrs)
About the Organization
Climate change is one of the world's most pressing challenges; one that requires technology, policy, markets, finance, and investment to work in concert. In recent years technological progress has been remarkably positive, while policy has been more stagnant. But energy market design and financial innovation are sometimes overlooked or underdeveloped keys to harnessing technology, encouraging effective policy, accelerating innovation, driving investment, rebalancing incentives, and managing global transition risks.
Climate Policy Initiative's Energy Finance practice is a multidisciplinary team of economists, analysts, and finance and energy professionals focused on developing innovative finance and energy market solutions that accelerate local, national, and global transitions to low-carbon economies.
CPI was founded in 2009, and has offices in Europe, Brazil, Indonesia, India, and the United States. As the urgency for action on climate change intensifies, the demand for our work is evolving and increasing. We are therefore scaling up the team to answer pressing questions posed by decision makers at companies and governments, and to help policy makers develop new energy market structures and low-carbon transition mechanisms.
About the Position :
CPI offers a challenging environment that requires independent thinking, effective client and stakeholder management, purposeful collaboration and pragmatic problem-solving skills. CPI is looking for a talented, highly skilled, flexible and motivated individual to join its Energy Finance team in India to provide research and analytical leadership for our work in the country.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, s/he will work with the government and businesses to help design policy and market options that are practical and implementable. The selected candidate will be expected to work in conjunction with other CPI offices worldwide. S/he is expected to demonstrate good quantitative skills; prior experience in finance and analysis; excellent written and oral communication skills; and an ability to generate actionable rather than academic insights.
The selected candidate will work in an environment that requires independent thinking, collaborative problem solving, cross-disciplinary understanding, and professional interactions. S/he will be expected to pursue robust and careful quantitative analysis. We will place a premium on problem structuring, initiative, and flexibility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following and other duties as assigned (with minimum supervision):
- Design and deliver qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to a high standard of intellectual rigor
- Collaborate and communicate with different stakeholders outside the organization to gather data, insights and support for the timely turnaround of projects
- Work effectively with Consultants in the London and the San Francisco team and the rest of the Energy Finance team in the global network to deliver the interim and final project mandates
- Manage, commission and guide project-assigned analysts in India
- Write high-quality research products, including white papers, presentations, policy briefs, etc.
- Manage outreach to maximize the impact of our findings with our evolving network of policymakers, investors and industry stakeholders
- Support the programme director for ad-hoc research efforts in line with the mission of CPI Energy Finance
Professional Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- An insightful, independent, analytical mind with a strong track record of best-in-class analysis and critical thinking that has had a measurable impact
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects and inspire teams to excel
- Demonstrable ability to influence key stakeholders at the highest level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate methods, insights and recommendations from a complex qualitative and quantitative analysis in a compelling and influential way both internally and to expert and non-technical audiences
- Experience of engagement with executive-level engagement, comfort working alongside high-ranking government officials, leaders in finance and industry, as well as academic experts and research organizations;
- Professionalism and enthusiasm for working with a diverse team in a collegiate and productive manner
- Respect for your fellow colleagues and a deep commitment to the mission and values of CPI
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in Hindi and other local languages of India would be highly desirable
- Master's degree or Ph.d in Economics, Finance, Business, Public Policy, Engineering or recognised professional finance qualification (e.g. ACA, CFA).
- 6+ years of experience analysing, designing or complying with policy and market mechanisms in the energy or industrial sectors in India.
- Experience working with government or private sector experience (leading consulting firm, think tank, financial institution, utility, large industrial etc.).
- Proven project management track record.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position is available for immediate appointment. The position will be based in Delhi/NCR. Travel within India will be required. CPI offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
To Apply :
If you meet the criteria, kindly apply.
With your application, attach two documents: (1) CV/resume, (2) a cover letter, followed by a writing sample of 5 pages or less that has not been edited by anyone other than yourself.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunities employer.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.