HR Consultant at Covie Ventures
Views:504 Applications:107 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:40
Covie Ventures - Director - University Management (10-12 yrs)
Job Role: Director, Management
Bharatiya Vidyapeeth is currently looking to recruit an experienced academician to work with the prestigious institute. Bharatiya Vidyapeeth is a deemed University recognized for its academic excellence and is a service driven institute providing quality education in different fields of knowledge.
This role is for the new campus at Navi Mumbai
Location: Navi Mumbai
Purpose of the role :
- The Director of the Institute is a senior University manager with both institutional and local responsibility. As such he/she is accountable for the academic leadership of the unit ensuring its objectives are aligned to faculty and university strategy. The role requires governance and management of the unit to ensure its performance continually improves/
- We are looking for an outstanding, dynamic, and an inspirational leader to work with the industry partners and management. He / she will be a key player in shaping the provision and turning this new exciting and ambitious vision into a reality.
Key Areas/Responsibilities :
Leadership and Strategic Direction :
- Develop and encourage a shared vision for the future direction, goals and priorities of the unit, aligned to the University mission and in the context of the Faculty and other academic units
- Implement quality assurance and improvement procedures to enhance all aspects of unit's activities, including both postgraduate and undergraduate student experience
- Work with all stake holders and Deans to foster the development of outstanding research, research, training and academic programmes in the unit
- General Academic Management
- Manage, administer and foster excellence in the unit's research, engagement and teaching activities
- Design and implement suitable management structures and portfolios for the unit
- Establish and maintain communication with appropriate committees, boards, and networks within the faculty and the broader University
- Represent the unit's interests in the faculty, University, professional, industry and government contexts
- Staff Management
- Take responsibility for management of all staff in the unit
- Prepare an annual HR plan for the unit, to include succession planning for the Head of Unit and opportunities for international work
- Play a major role in the recruitment, selection and induction of senior staff, utilising a targeted recruitment approach where appropriate to appoint academic staff (and potential leaders) of the highest calibre
- Facilitate and promote effective communication and positive morale within the unit. Communicate directly with all staff on a regular basis
- Monitor the performance of allocated duties and take responsibility for performance management and development of all unit staff. Ensure that Performance and Development Review takes place and appropriate objectives, targets and milestones are set
- Manage and, as far as possible, resolve conflicts and grievances taking advice from Human Resources and using appropriate procedures
- Financial and Infrastructure Management
- Prepare the unit budget and monitor expenditure and income against budget
- Engage in appropriate budget forecasting and staffing and infrastructure planning
- Manage and allocate physical resources and work with colleagues in Estate Support Services to ensure a safe and good quality of environment for staff and students
Required Candidate profile :
- Graduate degree is a must, Masters in Social Enterprise, marketing, MBA or other related areas is welcomed
- 10-12 years of experience as a Principal of an education institution, Dean of a management institute or any senior position held in educational institutions
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles and how to apply the same in management institutes
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organisation, knowledge of human resources management, knowledge of financial management and project management
- Professional experience in education, education policy, community/campaign organizing, and/or advocacy
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders, including a board of advisors
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional strategic planning skills and excellent project management and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions
- Flexible, optimistic approach; committed to overcoming challenges.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
- Visionary leader with the ability to engage others on the team
- Expertise at developing and sustaining corporate, foundational and civic/government relationships.
- High energy, passion and commitment to the Institute mission and vision