Head HR at Coverfox Insurance
Views:8174 Applications:1293 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:511
Coverfox - Financial Controller (10-15 yrs)
About Coverfox :
Coverfox (www.coverfox.com) founded in 2013, is India's first InsureTech insurance broking firm. We are product first and digital-first approach to the business of insurance aggregation. Our mantra is to - disrupt- and - innovate- to make Insurance purchase and claim completely democratic. We continue to work towards adding value to our customers and our partners by improving their experience from buying insurance to claim processing.
We are headquartered in Mumbai, and slated to be the next turnaround start-up in the BFSI space. We look forward to strengthen our team with individuals who are excited by the high-impact, high-energy rush of a scale-up company balanced with financial prudence.
We are operating in a high potential market of insurance - it being a $280 billion industry in India, of which only 3% of the total business is online. With the changes in the ecosystem and larger population taking to digital way of life, our platform has a greater population to cater to.
Join us as we turn people's perception of Insurance from - a boring industry- into - an exciting fast-growing space- in India!
About the Role :
At Coverfox, we are looking for a Financial Controller to build & mentor a talented team towards the financial vision of the Company. The objective of the role is to oversee and ensure the financial health of the Company by collaborating effectively with internal stakeholders, investors, and external ecosystem.
It is a strategic role that will oversee the financial accounting, operations and reporting for the Company, and conversant with managing investor relations to build the Company to greater scales.
Your key goals and responsibilities :
- Oversee the finance, accounting, secretarial & compliance functions and report to the CFO
- Assist the management in Strategic Planning - Preparing, analysing & presenting financial data & insights to the management on a regular basis
- Manage accounting operations at a corporate level, Cost Accounting, Revenue Recognition and cash management.
- Creating dashboards and MIS Reports - be well versed with US GAAP accounting, IFRS and IND AS.
- Debtor/Creditor Reporting and Reconciliations
- Review procedures relating to the preparation of the company's plans / budgets / forecasts and controls pertaining to key finance activities, monitor adherence to the relevant processes, policies and take timely action in case of deviations.
- Take ownership for budgeting & overseeing the overall financial discipline of the company; keeping stakeholders posted on the financial health of the Company.
- Ensuring the timely completion and submission of financial and statistical reporting for stakeholders and regulatory agencies.
- Assist process teams in automating processes, developing internal controls to assess and manage financial risk
- Own month-end and year-end closing processes
- Liaise with auditors & consultants and take ownership for audit & due diligence closures
- Ensure development of effective taxation strategies and plans, implement and monitor their effectiveness to optimize tax impact
Your key qualifications & competencies:
- Chartered Accountant with at least 10 years- experience in Finance and Accounting function; preferably from BFSI sector. Having worked in start-ups / scale-ups would be an added edge.
- Top-notch business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.