Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:645 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Country Director - NGO (12-25 yrs)
Digital Green is a global development organization that empowers smallholder farmers to lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the collective power of technology and grassroots-level partnerships. We join forces with governments, private agencies and, most importantly, rural communities themselves to co-create digital solutions that are of the community and for the community. When farmers have the tools they need to connect with one another, they- re far more likely to apply what they- ve learned on their farms and in their households- improving their own livelihoods and those of others in their community, in a manner that's nutrition-sensitive, climate-resilient, and inclusive.
So far, Digital Green has reached 1.5 million rural community members across over 8,000 villages in India, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Ghana, Niger and Tanzania. Collaborating with over 20 partners, Digital Green has helped facilitate the production and dissemination of over 4,000 localized videos in 28 languages. Digital Green operates from offices in San Francisco, New Delhi, Addis Ababa and Washington, DC. Digital Green is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the US. For more information, please visit Digital Green's website: www.digitalgreen.org.
Digital Green is entering an exciting phase of development as it expands its activities to additional countries in Asia and Africa. We are seeking a strong leader to help us grow our product offerings in service of the smallholder farmer.
Key Responsibilities :
Job Su Provide overall strategic direction and guidance for the portfolio of programs and projects and new initiatives such as our Digital Platform project, FarmStack, within India (40%)
- Develop objectives and key results for all programs and projects within India in line with Digital Green's overall strategic objective of maximizing farmer impact
- Develop the strategy for the Digital Platform approach in India utilizing technology and human-centered design principles to develop solutions in support of specific program objectives
- Gather information related to specific entry point cases and develop and implement the Digital Platform strategy for each with support from internal team members and the technology team
- Provide overall leadership, technical, and budgetary direction in ramping up and operationalizing the Digital Platform program and ensuring a common vision among current and potential partners with a focus on achieving key program objectives
- Manage the operationalization of smaller new initiatives in other regions in Asia.
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders to track progress against program objectives to ensure ongoing strategic alignment; provide ongoing guidance on program implementation through regular project reviews
Manage overall program operations, personnel and resources in region to ensure the effective execution of Digital Green's strategy (30%)
- Oversee ongoing program operations in India as it relates to financial, personnel, and overall administration
- Build a high performing team that can help us effectively execute Digital Green's strategic objectives
- Develop and nurture a strong leadership team within India and grow leaders through succession planning and regular talent reviews
- Ensure ongoing alignment and development of the tech team with the goal of strong program-related support in coordination with the programs team
- Ensure India budget is optimized to support both short and longer-term staffing and resourcing needs
- Manage the day to day finance and accounting operations as it relates to procurement, payments, compliance/audits, and donor tracking and reporting within India
- Manage program operations for other smaller projects within Asia
- Develop Digital Green's business development opportunities within India and seed opportunities within Asia more broadly through advocacy, outreach, and relationship management (30%)
- Nurture existing government relations through ongoing program and project alignment and success; build new ones with the goal of highlighting complementary investments and policies in support of Digital Green's strategy and to secure support for future opportunities
- Nurture and grow the relationship with USAID, BMGF, and a diversified set of regional donors by developing a strong communication strategy and cultivating thought leadership among the community
- Develop partners in India and in South Asia, where Digital Green is focusing on expansion
- Develop a communication strategy to support Digital Green's overall brand and growth in India and Asia with a clear plan to nurture existing partners and reach new ones
- Lead community outreach efforts through events hosted by Digital Green
- Build internal and external support network to capture opportunities
- Support the expansion and ongoing management of multi-country and single-country engagements in line with of Digital Green's growth in Asia and operationalize Digital Green's strategy within these regions
- Provide input into the global strategy based on data and learnings in India and incorporate global strategic inputs into ongoing program and project management
Experience and Qualification:
Required experience, skills, and qualifications
- 12+ years of work experience
- 5+ years in a management position, preferably overseeing a department or small organization through periods of significant growth and expansion
- Demonstrated experience in managing million-dollar complex projects, with proven ability to work effectively with diverse partners
- Experience representing externally to senior stakeholders across public, social, and private sectors
- Experience working with the Indian government
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle and experience partnering with technology teams in the product development cycle;
- Appetite and ability to grasp and apply complex technical concepts.
- Experience managing a diverse, multicultural team
- Expert multitasker
- Comfort with unstructured problems and ability to manage complexities under pressure
- Outstanding communication and email management skills
- Collaborative leadership style
- Degree in engineering, technology, or other relevant fields
- Fluent in oral and written English
Competencies and Skills :
- The following competencies are critical towards fulfilling the requirements of this position. These competencies have been determined by specifically assessing and prioritizing the key responsibilities for the role. More details around these competencies will be shared as a supplementary document.
- Farmer Focus - anticipating, meeting and/or exceeding the needs, wants and expectations of the small-holder farmer. This also means influencing donors and partners to ensure alignment with Digital Green's overall objectives
- Leadership- building strong leaders who are capable of achieving extraordinary results in an autonomous manner
- Goal Orientation - setting, pursuing and attaining goals regardless of obstacles or circumstances
- Decision Making- building and utilizing frameworks and processes with the goal of making data-driven, thoughtful and effective decisions
- Teamwork - working effectively and productively with others and cultivating a team culture that reflects Digital Green's values.
To be successful as a member of the Digital Green team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization.
- Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction.
- Work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.