HR Consultant at CottonConnect
Views:949 Applications:196 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:90
CottonConnect - Director/Associate Director - Supply Chain (14-18 yrs)
Exp : 14-18 Years
Transforming the world's cotton for good!
CottonConnect is an innovative enterprise with a social purpose working with retailers and brands to make the world's cotton supply chains more sustainable. We work with some of the world's leading brands and retailers to transform the different stages of cotton production and manufacturing to deliver ethical, effective and efficient supply chains. Transforming the lives of farming communities, our ambition is to work to improve the livelihoods for more than a million people in cotton farming communities by 2020.
Role: Associate Director/Director Supply Chain:
The main responsibility of the role is to strategize and plan such that the production and procurement of Sustainable cotton from our programs is aligned with the requirements of the customers. The role requires to monitor the flow of the Sustainable Cotton produced and ensure that there is continuity, assurance and credibility for all the Supply chain linkages in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and China.
Key Accountabilities :
- Direct the activities of all functions involved in the production and procurement of Sustainable Cotton.
- Devise and work as per the Supply chain SOP for various brands for the season (across Organic and REEL and various geographies)
- Work in tandem with the customers to understand their season requirements and plan with various projects, ginners and supply chain partners to make sure that the requirements are met in terms of the right quantity and quality of cotton.
- H/She takes the responsibility of overseeing procurement of cotton, planning, scheduling, inventory management, mapping with different stakeholders of the Cotton / textile supply chain
- Ensuring that the local supply chain staff is well managed in various geographies
- Monitor the conduction Supply chain mappings and Value chain assessments for international brands
- Communicating with ginners connected with project and updating them on availability of cotton at appropriate time
- Work to get the ginners and supply chain partners compliant with the various certifications / Codes of Conducts (Organic, REEL etc.)
- Identify the bottlenecks in Cotton supply chain and find solutions to mitigate it.
- Ensuring that the training of various stakeholders such as ginner, Spinner, Knitter/Weaver, Garment manufacturer and the Brand on TraceBale etc. is conducted effectively.
- Monitoring various processes such as ginning, Spinning, Knitting/Weaving and Garmenting at appropriate timing and conduct audits on supply chain Traceability implementation and credibility of the data.
- Verification of documents of all stakeholders of supply chain at least once in a season.
- Understand global trend on textile industry in general and sustainability in particular.
- Shall conduct/organize and manage supply chain events/workshops etc.
- Supporting Commercial development and Business development team, whenever there is a need
Key skills required :
- Complete understanding of textile sustainability including knowledge on Organic; proven keen interest in the issues of sustainability, preferably in textile industry
- Has managed a team of 2-3 before and can manage customer communications
- Experience of working with international brands and supply chains (Experience in Pakistan, China and Bangladesh preferable)
- Strong communication (both written & spoken) and attentive listening abilities
- Good with technological systems (procurement planning, inventory management and traceability)
- Efficient facilitator of professional relationships and/or groups
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative, and engage others
- Enjoy taking on a challenge and be open to new ideas.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect for diversity and gender balance
Experience / Qualifications :
- 10-15 years progressive experience in production and procurement management roles.
- 5-10 years of direct management experience in textile industry.
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams
- Self-starter and entrepreneur
- Ability to influence and engage across a variety of audiences
- Collaborative and team player
- Tenacious and delivery oriented
- Integrity and passion for sustainability, an advantage
- Educated to graduate degree level
- Preferred MBA from a reputed institute
- Knowledge and experience of the cotton textile supply chain and cotton sector in general and the various processes in textile industry
- Experience working with global / international organizations
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently within India and internationally