Corporate Affair Specialist - IT/Software Engineering Industry (6-10 yrs)
Looking for a Corporate Affair Specialist at Chennai, reporting to GM corporate affairs and regional Head of Operations.
In this role, you would be responsible for overall finance & accounting, legal and compliance related activities in hands-on manner.
You will also participate in the development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
You will be responsible for:
Accounting and Finance:
- Perform complete accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization's financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements
- Reconcile accounts and check the accuracy of journal entries to ensure that the general ledger is accurate and complete
- Check and analyse financial information and prepare financial reports and accounting statements so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions. These reports may include profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, debtor and creditor lists, repayment schedules, regulatory reports and filings
- Provide technical accounting advice within area of expertise to functional or operational managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities
- Finalizing Branch accounts, co-ordination with internal and statutory auditors.
- Preparation of periodic MIS, Variance Analysis for the management
- Proficient in handling Income Tax, Goods & Service Tax, Works Contract, TDS, Professional Tax, Payroll, PF & STPI & RBI compliances including Assessment & Appeals under various Acts.
- Handle day to day operations related to Invoices and Expense Management
- Participate in strategic financial projects including implementation of Sage 300
- To work with cross functional teams for specific assignments from time to time
- Support HR in all financial aspects of payroll, insurance and benefits
- Take ownership of reviewing contracts and other official documents from legal /compliance perspective through liaison with legal and business teams
You are a successful candidate if:
- You have 6-10 years experience owning most of the responsibilities listed above, specifically in IT/Software Engineering industry
- You have good project management skills to ensure taking an initiative from concept to implementation
- You have experience working with distributed teams in multiple time zones
- Experience of working in Japanese companies would be added advantage
Graduation/Post-graduation in finance.
Good to have : CA
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.