Consultant at Populus Global
Views:807 Applications:175 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Corporate Accountant - Healthcare (5-10 yrs)
- The Corporate Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions, as well as partnering with other departments to obtain timely and accurate information.
- This is a roll-up-your-sleeves Corporate Accountant position that involves broad-based responsibility chartered to providing critical support and leadership for increasing the effectiveness of the global accounting organization.
- We are looking for a motivated candidate that has a strong background in accounting that wants to grow their career within a dynamic, high growth organization. The Corporate Accountant will help automate the accounting process, while simultaneously having a meaningful impact on the overall business.
Here's where you'll demonstrate your competencies:
- Assist with SAP ERP design and perform UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Lead the accounting close process for the assigned facilities meeting all critical deadlines.
- Prepare all journal entries for the period close to including operating expense accruals.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts to include accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, inventory, purchase accruals, expense accruals, and other balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Ensure all accounting transactions and processes follow GAAP and conform to SOX guidelines as outlined by WFM Global accounting leadership.
- Participate in teams responsible for the implementation of systems and processes
- Prepare financial reports and period-end reports.
- Establish and maintain collaborative productive working relationships with facility leadership/facility team members, regional financial team, and the global accounting team.
- Maintain daily accounting details including procedures, reconciliations, journal entries, and/or documentation.
- Review detail of general ledger for accounting accuracy, completeness and compliance.
- Monitor account activity for unanticipated fluctuation in balances.
- Work with financial analysts to answer questions and dig into root causes
- Record entries to the general ledger through sub-ledger entries (accounts payable, asset management, etc.) and prepare entries in accordance with accrual basis accounting.
- Work with business partners to ensure understanding of policies, procedures and system changes.
- Gathering of information requested by both internal and external auditors, as well as the addressing of issues raised by auditors
- Perform specials tasks and projects related to functional responsibilities or other areas, as needed.
- Provide business partners with various reporting needs.
- Sales growth and margin analysis (geographic and products)
- Expense analysis and functional (IT, HR, Legal, Regulatory) support
- Supports and maintains information related to key performance indicators and business drivers.
- Communicates and coordinates with various members of the organization to ensure the accuracy of systems and reporting.
- Other duties include evaluation of and recommendations relating to business opportunities, investments, financial regulations, and coordination of financial projects or programs
- Respond to inquiries and ad-hoc analysis and reporting.
Here's what we'll need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline is required. Master's is preferred.
- CPA designation (or in the process) is strongly preferred.
- Must have 5-7 years of experience in an accounting or related field.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Must possess the highest degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently and effectively.
- Strong systems skills with 3-5 years of experience working with Oracle, Hyperion or SAP.
- Enthusiastic and results-oriented, with the ability to drive continuous improvement in business and financial processes.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong desire to be a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.