COO - Policy Implementation - NGO (10-15 yrs)
COO - Policy Implementation / Do-Tank
Key roles and responsibilities
- Work closely with the CEO to set and implement the overall strategy for the organisation. This includes facilitating discussion and decisions on organisational development, policy and implementation and other operations.
- Oversee alignment between strategic priorities and resource allocation, and ensure consistent, transparent and well-supported decision-making when considering new or difficult programming and operational opportunities, and expenditures.
- Help ensure the timely formulation and effective delivery of policies and plans.
- Overlook operations, expansion of the organisation across states, and inspire a performance-driven culture of transparency, accountability and commitment to the organisation.
- Work with state leads, partners and stakeholders to ensure smooth representation of the organisation externally.
- Build effective partnerships with relevant organisations and other external actors.
- Oversee and supervise functioning of all operations, business and organisational development, strategy, HR and project execution.
Required qualifications and experience include:
- An advanced university degree (master's or equivalent) in public policy, political science, or similar.
- Proven excellence in writing, editing, and communication
- Experience providing close support to senior members of think tanks, policy implementation organisation/s
- Strategic ability and sound political judgment
- Track record of managing knowledge workers and building and managing multinational, diverse and dispersed teams
- Experience in managing organisations in multi-national and multi-cultural settings, probably in a not-for-profit environment