HR Consultants at Aristo Consultants
Views:13045 Applications:1050 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:293
Controllers Analyst - Finance Division - Financial Services (0-2 yrs)
DIVISIONAL OVERVIEW :
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of finances and expenditures.
Through careful consideration and analysis of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm's businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run. Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide. Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth.
In the IMD Team :
- Safeguard the assets and reputation of the firm by controlling and supporting the investment management division, as well as ensuring that they are in compliance with the firm's policies and with the rules/regulations that govern global financial markets
- Assist in reviewing monthly NAV for mutual funds, hedge funds/ private equity funds (as applicable), review year-end financial statements and perform related activities
- Assist in managing the investment and investor cash process for private equity funds and performing review functionalities
- Handle reporting requirements to Senior Management and to IMD.
- Work closely with other divisions, including: Valuation Oversight Team, Product Services, Operations, IT and Trading Divisions
- Work closely with fund administrators and auditors
In the Legal Entity and Control Team -
- Ensure that financial reporting is of high quality and meets applicable accounting principles and regulations
- Assist in performing control functions of financial reporting while working closely and managing relationships with Product Control, Operations, Tax & Technology
Job Description :
Finance Division - Controllers - Analyst - Bengaluru
- Goldman Sachs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, colour, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law
- Proactive support to middle desk - conduct regular reviews for new, as well as existing, transactions for accounting treatment and control considerations across various types of investments
- Assist in managing the regular preparation and submission of consolidated and non-consolidated US GAAP financial reporting and disclosures (local GAAP wherever required)
- Provide variance analysis and prepare management reporting packs on monthly/quarterly basis
- Assist in managing the quarterly Balance Sheet substantiation & SOX process
- Support intercompany balances, reconciliations, daily funding payments and resolving breaks
- Assist in managing month -end process to properly reflect the Balance Sheet, P&L and Owners Equity
In the Product Control Team -
- Safeguard the assets and reputation of the firm by controlling and supporting the trading divisions, as well as ensuring that they are in compliance with the firm's policies and with the rules/regulations that govern global financial markets
- Be a part of a team that is responsible for daily, weekly and monthly P&L, analysis (includes product analysis and new trade review) and Price verification
- Work closely with other divisions, including: Regulatory Reporting, Corporate Accounting, Legal and Compliance, Operations, IT and Trading Divisions
- Qualified CA/MBA
- Basic industry knowledge and strong accounting knowledge.
- Knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS is a definite plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use