Managing Partner/Founder at Workoid Consultants
Views:1747 Applications:128 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Controller - General Ledger - CA/ACCA/CMA/CPA - IT/ITeS/BPO/KPO (10-19 yrs)
Role : Controller - General Ledger - CA/ACCA/CMA/CPA
Mandate - CA/ACCA/CMA/CPA
We are looking for- Controller - General Ledger for a client with a global presence based at Chennai.
Location : Chennai - Ambattur Industrial Estate,
Salary : Industry Standard
Department : Finance and Accounting
Function : Operations
Education : CA/ACCA/CMA/CPA
Experience : 10+ yrs
Grade : M05 - AGM/ M06 - DGM
Position Reports to : Hub/Cluster Lead
Role Type : Management of end to end accounting functions and team
Desired Industry Exposure : IT / ITes / BPO / KPOs
Shift Timings : US Shifts ( shift window - 6 pm TO 6 AM) , 5 days working
Other Requirements : Open to domestic and international travel, Flexible to work in US Hours
Core Skills and Experience
1. Understand and apply knowledge of accounting policies, standards and concepts relating to revenue recognition, deferred revenue and costs, cost accruals, amortizations of cost, fixed assets accounting, intercompany transactions
2. Exposure to IFRS standards
3. Detect accounting anomalies while conducting financial reviews to ensure that reported numbers are free from error at the month, quarter and year end.
4. Perform controller role for the market geographies assigned for accounting and ensure that end to end financial reporting for such markets is both timely and accurate along with calling out material misstatements.
5. Conduct timely reviews with market controllers for month end results (accounting month end) perform variance analysis. Explain and present such variances in structured manner and form.
6. Perform analysis of financial results and provide important insights into accounting gaps.
7. Knowledge of Great Plains system (this will be an added advantage).
8. Performance evaluation will be based on outcomes
9. Previous work experience in telecom industry will be strong add on.
10. Ability to articulate financial analysis and performance to senior management teams
Role & Responsibilities
- GL Controller - Manage end to end closure of books for businesses of large market
- GL Lead - Manage end to end closure of books for businesses of smaller markets
- Deliver as per month end close calendar
- Holding reviews with client finance organization on monthly basis on Key financial parameters like EBIT, Opex, Capex, inventory
- Coordinate and present with transactional processing teams - accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, bank reconciliation teams towards ensuring both timeliness and accuracy of transactions in sub-ledgers
- Coach and mentor the team on best accounting practices
- Liaise with client organisation to ensure receipt of inputs and reports on time
- Standardise and streamline processes across geographies assigned
- Participate and lead, as applicable, in SSC transformation initiatives
If the above profile suits you, pls forward your updated photo resume alongwith the below mentioned details :
Current Residence Location
Open to travel - International & Domestic
Ok to relocate to Chennai - share reason
Family Set up ( spouse, kids etc)
Ok for US shift ( Mandate)
Ed Qual ( CA/ACCA/CMA/CPA ONLY)
Passout Year - CA/ACCA/CMA/CPA
Post Qual Exp
International BPO exp if any ( yrs)
Exp in GL Accounting ( yrs)
Are you handling Revenue Mgt and P&L in your current role
Span of control ( Direct + Indirect)
Geographies Handled ( US, UK etc pls Specify )
Current Desgn along with years in this role
Hierarchy in the current Org
Position Reports to
Current CTC (Fixed + Variable)
DOB & Age
Official Notice Period
Gaps in Career / education If any
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.