Partner at Development Sector Partners
Views:484 Applications:91 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:49
Consultant - Legal & Regulatory Compliance - NGO/Social Sector - LLB/LLM (10-12 yrs)
Salary Offered : 12-13 PA
Consultant - Legal & Regulatory Compliance and Governance
This job has been posted by Development Sector Partners (www.dspartners.in) on behalf of our client - an International NGO. The position based at Delhi, heads the Human Resource (HR) function and is on the payrolls of our client which is an International NGO.
Position Summary :
Position : Consultant - Compliance & Governance
Location : Delhi
Band : Full Time Consultant (Equivalent/Similar to Manager Band) on Retainership of 80k to 1.0 lac per month based on Skills, Experience and Current/Last Drawn Compensation
Reporting Manager : Head of Finance & Operations
- To support India management on governance and related matters, with the core objective to streamline all compliances- Legal & Regulatory on a continuous basis. The role involves compilation of historical and current data and reports with respect to governance and compliances, including liaison with external consultants and/or attorneys in coordination and agreement with the management.
- Will assess, analysis, report, and remedy for action related to governance, compliance or regulatory standards as may be mandated by duly authorized statutory authorities. The Consultant will be required to draft, negotiate, finalise and execute contracts/ agreements/ MoUs etc for the NGO's legal entities registered separately under the Companies Act & as a Foundation.
Key Responsibilities :
- Drive governance and regulatory conduct for the company, receiving management information on governance and statutory issues and agreeing on proposed actions;
- Will oversee compliance with the corporate governance principles, including provision of approvals where required; advising on financial and governance risk appetites and advising the management and board on the same;
- Oversee the Company's business and customer conduct obligations; Monitor the NGO's conduct in relation to its corporate and societal obligations, including setting the guidance, direction and policies for customer and corporate responsibility agenda and related activities and advising the Board and Management on these matters;
- Support the ongoing operations of the Organisation; Exercise judgment in making legal and compliance reports where alternatives are determined by statute, policies, procedures & practices;
- Compile data, documents, and information and review them to ensure they are in prescribed format and are compliant with the legal and regulatory standards for acceptance by the competent authority(s), esp. Companies Act, the Income tax act and other applicable acts as may be applicable;
- Draft, negotiate, finalise and execute business contracts, legal documents, employment contract, MOUs, service agreement etc to ensure they are in correct format and contain all necessary terms, sections and portions to safeguard Company interests.
- Serve as a liaison to other external consultants, the management; Research and prepare materials for administrative decisions and briefs;
- Schedule, prepare for and hold Board meetings, Annual general meeting, etc for the Company and prepare minutes of meeting for review and finalization;
- Involved in process of Acquisition, Merger, etc of Company and provide detailed review of background information, process, risks and mitigation plans for the Management and Board;
- Provide assistance to internal, statutory or external auditors in compliance reviews, due diligence of legal, corporate governance matters and others as needed;
- Respond to inquiries on a variety of matters such as the status of pending cases, notices, litigation, enquiry, disputes, administrative and court rules, and appeal procedures, litigations
- Establish and maintain office files, control records, and other information in connection with the work under the control of the reporting manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience :
- Bachelors (preferably Masters in Law) with specialization in Corporate Law
- Qualified Company Secretary with experience and expertise in Governance matters is preferred
- Minimum 10 years of relevant Experience, Qualification along with requisite responsibilities handled
- Prior experience of working for or providing service to NGO sector shall be preferred
Skills & Attributes :
- Expertise on the Companies Act, 2013 and related governance matters.
- In depth understanding and knowledge on Indian laws, including Direct tax, Indirect Tax, Company laws, Contract Management, Labor laws, etc.
- Ability to interpret statutes, Acts, Rules, Circulars, Instructions, and Guidelines in order to prepare relevant documents for discussion and submission.
- Adept at Interpreting Attorney's view and priorities.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks as well as prioritize time management.
- Team player, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.