Founder & CEO at HR Central
Views:1367 Applications:77 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Consultant - IT Supply Chain Planning - Consulting Firm (1-14 yrs)
Our client is a niche management consulting firm solving complex business problems across industries and functions. Founded in April, 2015 by key management consulting and supply chain professionals having diverse industry, solution and product experience. Driven by a team of 240+ globally positioned supply chain consultants, our client is currently serving clients in CPG, manufacturing, transportation, logistics and retail sectors.
Work Focus :
- Supply chain management, strategy and technology consulting
- Large scale program management in IT/ITES space
- Growth enhancement and cost improvement programs
Role : IT Supply Chain Planning Consultant (JDA/Kinaxis/IBP)
The role requires individuals to be responsible for the successful delivery of Supply Chain IT Projects specifically in the area of Demand & Supply Planning, Distribution Planning and Inventory Planning across various industries, sectors and geographies. The consultant assists clients in the selection, implementation and support of supply chain planning solutions. This role also requires technical acumen for learning latest supply chain tools and indulge in configuration and customization of the tool. The consultant will provide functional and business process expertise on a project which generally consists of consultants, subcontractors, remote global resources, and client employees. The consultant participates in design activities and fit-gap analysis along with validation and testing of the solution. The individual will be part of a multiple disciplinary team in the delivery of customer contractual obligations and is responsible for the successful and timely completion of projects resulting in customer sign off and project acceptance.
The role would need individuals to gradually pick up both functional and technical aspects of supply chain technologies that are currently used by clients or other market standard technologies recommended by us to the client.
- Design To-Be processes and perform Fit-Gap analysis by assessing client's requirements and business processes
- Ensure the successful completion of quality product and solution implementations utilizing strong leadership, project and resource management skills
- Creation of business blueprint documents and validate design by conforming to best industry practice
- Prepare FMEA, Functional Specifications, Test cases and Training documents
- Configure the supply chain product and customize the solution as per client's requirements
- Manage Project teams (both on-site and off-shore) ensuring on-time delivery of project deliverables as per expectations
- Preparation of Status reports, Project plans, Activity Plans for robust project management as and when required.
- Responsible for issue recognition, identification, and application of appropriate resources necessary to resolve issues, status reporting, and overall management of issues through resolution
Educational Qualifications: Strong educational background from reputed engineering and management schools
- Deep understanding of supply chain planning process including demand planning, supply planning, S&OP and inventory optimization
- Experience in atleast one full cycle implementation of market-leading supply chain software solution(e.g. JDA, SAP, Kinaxis, O9)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders with emphasis on follow through and reporting
- Analytical and Problem-solving skills along with self-motivation to excel
- Meticulous planning skills with attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to drive projects in a matrix management environment that includes influencing, efficiency, collaboration, candor, and openness with a focus on results orientation
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data; SQL knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
- Strong planning and organizing skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
- Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels.
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
- Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritization and a pragmatic approach.