Associate Consultant at Huquo
Views:641 Applications:168 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Consultant - Data Visualization - SAS + SQL - General Insurance (2-6 yrs)
- Emphasis is on providing business insights and managing end to end project delivery
- Structure analytical solution to address business objectives and problem solving
- Translate stated or implied client needs into researchable hypotheses.
- Develop sophisticated analysis plans to test those hypotheses given data and resource availability, time, etc.
- Effectively guide the team around problem structuring and use of analytics (tools and techniques) to carry out analysis
- Facilitate client working sessions and lead recurring project status meetings
- Develop long-lasting, trusted advisor relationships with clients
- Able to work in dual shore engagement across multiple time zones
- Manage business uncertainty
- Secure new opportunities within existing account relationship
- Assess customer needs, pain points, behaviors, activation levers, headroom for growth, value propositions, etc.
- Manage day-to-day project operations, serve as the functional and domain expert on the project team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Provide quality oversight on deliverables prepared by the project team before submitting to client
- Project task management
- Define project deliverables, controls and ensure adherence to these
- Supervise and assist the team on project execution and delivery
- Monitor project progress and ensure adherence to client expectation
- Communications, including deck writing
- Coordination of all sub-team efforts; Creation of project plan, define milestones, timelines, review plan with the team
- Delivery of output
- Facilitation and gathering of client feedback on problem structuring
- Understand and define business problems, get all background information and collect relevant data points
- Create solution hypothesis and get client buy in, discuss and align on end objective, staffing need, timelines and budget
- Effective management of frequency of feedback loop with offshore resources
- Build capabilities in junior team members
- Bachelor- s/Master's degree in economics, mathematics, computer science/engineering, operations research or related analytics areas; candidates with BA/BS degrees in the same fields from the top tier academic institutions are also welcome to apply
- 3-6 years- experience, preferably in insurance analytics
- Predictive Modeling Experience is excellent to have.
- Experience in working in dual shore engagement is preferred
- Must have experience in managing clients directly
- Proficiency in using data visualization tools like Power BI (preferred Proficiency in M language, DAX SQL)/ Tableau.
- Experience in data extraction and data manipulation in SAS/SQL. Importing, merging and appending different datasets joins in SAS. SAS programming macros and other SAS functions like - proc import, proc sort, proc sql, data merge, proc transpose, proc export
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and willingness to take initiative
- Strong record of achievement, solid analytical ability, and an entrepreneurial hands-on approach to work
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges
- Is able to understand cross cultural differences and can work with clients across the globe