Founder/Chief Consultant at Credence HR Services
Views:11595 Applications:70 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Consultant - Credit Risk Modeling - Investment Bank (7-11 yrs)
We are hiring for the captioned role for our Investment Banking Client in Bangalore
This the team lead position supports the Credit Risk Modeling and Quantification team and is responsible for people management, model development, model maintenance, back-testing, and monitoring of probability of default (PD), exposure at default (EAD), loss given default (LGD), borrower risk rating, and stress testing models across Basel and CCAR (Wholesale and Retail primarily). He will also be responsible to lead the CECL (Current Expected Credit Loss). A key member of the Model Strategy & Data Analytics Team.
- Leading and managing small - medium size team.
- Responsible for all activities of the team, performance, goal, and appraisal Building and providing thought leadership across whole sale and retail portfolio for CCAR models and several portfolios of Basel model (PD/EAD/LGD).
- He will also be responsible for CECL model development, methodology enhancement and execution of models.
- Resolve complex issues in credit risk rating models PD/EAD/LGD used in the calculation of economic and Basel capital, allocation of capital for performance measurement, and other aspects of credit risk and market risk. CCAR credit loss modelling experience for whole sale and retail and CECL in very deep
- Ensures regular production of model development, analytical work and reports.
- Acts as an important contact for credit risk models with regulators, Internal Audit Department, and Model Validation Group.
- Works with senior team members to evaluate existing processes in relation to corporate objectives and industry leading practices.
- Assess development needs and manage process to achieve desired future state. Supports internal risk rating system. Ensures that the risk rating system framework meets needs of internal constituents and regulatory requirements.
- Help in enhancing the process, automation and provide the industry view Helps to resolve credit risk issues and enhance overall credit risk framework. Works with Credit Risk Management Group to ensure that risk management policies/processes and quantitative modeling approaches are consistent.
- Contributes to communication and training efforts to promote understanding of credit risk management throughout the company.
- Ensures that risk rating models meet both internal corporate needs and regulatory requirements related to Basel II and successfully drives the model monitoring team Participates in developing, implementing and monitoring risk rating models.
- Perform Back testing when requires Responsible for direct interaction with various committees and/or management Required
- Ph.D.or Master in Statistics/ Economics/Mathematics/advanced degree in quant area Or B.tech. From tier 1 college with MBA in related field Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong CCAR and DFAST, CECL, FRY-14A, SR-11/7 understanding.
- Experience in Moddy's risk analyst, different rating data sources like Fitch, Credit pro, Moody etc.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to isolate and solve issues using large amounts of data Process orientation with strong technical skills and attention to detail Strong conceptual and technical knowledge of risk concepts and quantitative modeling techniques.
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. SAS, R, and Advanced Excel) is preferred Minimum 6 years of credit risk modeling experience across wholesale and retail and deep theoretical knowledge if CECL/IFRS9 Working knowledge of SAS and Excel strongly preferred Understanding of basic bank/credit accounting and finance principles; loan or GL system experience, Basel II knowledge a plus
- Understanding of data governance/quality principles Strong presentation and interpersonal skills Related Industry qualification (e.g., CFA, FRM) Strong people and program management will be preferred.
- Must have handled 3-4 members team in the past for at least 4 years
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.