AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:5061 Applications:233 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:107
Consultant/Associate Consultant - Statistician - Healthcare/Lifesciences Consulting Firm (1-5 yrs)
We are looking for Consultant/ Associate Consultant Statistician with one of the leading life sciences consulting firm that provides strategic and tactical insights to clients worldwide. Blending consulting services with research capabilities, they specialize in corporate strategy, pipeline & portfolio optimization, brand planning, market analytics, promotional effectiveness, and licensing & acquisition. They are based out of Boston, MA, and with offices in New York City, Princeton, San Francisco and Gurgaon.
About role :
The Consultant/ Associate Consultant Statistician will provide advanced statistical support to various other practice areas within the organization primarily Real World Evidence (RWE) and Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), and commercial analytics to develop robust analytics solutions for clients.
In general, the Consultant Statistician will be an integral part of project teams comprised of skilled colleagues and management team members. This environment allows for ample exposure to a wide variety of strategic business issues, as well as the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the life sciences industry.
The ideal candidate for this position will contribute to the firms success through a strong work ethic, particularly in team settings, and can communicate with statisticians and non-statisticians alike. The primary responsibilities of the Consultant Statistician will be to provide statistical analysis of complex and/or large datasets, produce sophisticated R or SAS code, deliver sound statistical reports and effectively present findings to both internal and external groups. Furthermore, as the first Statistician to be located in the Gurgaon, India office, this individual will need to be a self-starter, helping to mold the role and identify best operational practices, which will pave the way for future Statistics team members in the India office.
Position Responsibilities :
- Develop statistical analysis plans and perform analyses using R or SAS using administrative claims, survey, and sales data
- Communicate methods and findings to internal teams as well as to clients
- Gain methodological expertise by aiding in proposal development as needed
- Develop operational best practices for India-based statistics team members
Position Requirements :
Education : MS or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics or Biostatistics. Majors in related fields, such as Epidemiology and Econometrics, will also be considered if the candidate possesses a strong statistical background.
Work Experience : 1-5 years direct work experience in a related field (life sciences consulting, CRO, biopharma and/or general consulting) conducting advanced statistical analyses
Other Important Skills :
- Applied experience with mathematical and/or statistical theories and models
- Experience with regression modeling, survival analysis and longitudinal models preferred
- Ability to work independently in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to manage work stream independently with guidance from team leaders in the US
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, interest and background in healthcare topics
- Desire and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication in English (written and verbal) and interpersonal relations
- Fluent proficiency in SAS or R
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.