Branch Manager at Pylon Management Consulting
Views:1439 Applications:375 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:194
Consultant - Analytics - Financial Services (4-7 yrs)
Education: - B.Tech./B.E./Master's Degree/M.Phil./MBA from reputed institute(s) with relevant experience
- Finance/Risk certifications is a plus
The candidate needs to have the following:
- 4-7 years of work experience in the areas of advanced analytics and consulting
- Experience in executing and overseeing financial services client related work
- Academic background in economics/mathematics/quantitative techniques is a plus
- Work experience in analytics and consulting services environment
- Strong financial / econometric modeling focus;
- Demonstrated proficiency with advanced statistical/econometric modeling techniques and complex Excel-based spreadsheet models;
- Strong programming skills on Python, R, SQL. Experience with Spark & other big data query environments is a plus. Exposure to SAS is a plus.
- Experience with visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) & automation tools (alteryx, etc.)
- Sincere long-term interest in pursuing a private-sector consultancy career
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interface effectively
- Experience in traditional analytics methodologies such as Regression (Linear, Logistic, etc.), segmentation, Cluster Analysis, CART/CHAID, etc.
- Exposure to advanced machine learning techniques like SVM, Random Forest, boosting techniques. Knowledge of text mining, neural networks is a plus.
- Exposure in Time series modeling
- Exposure in building PD/LGD Model and behavioral scorecard
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Define the scope of work and identify opportunities for over-delivering, creating intellectual capital and building reusable methodology/approach/delivery components
- Mentor junior team members
- Project Delivery and Management
- Manage communication and project delivery between India and US teams
- Manage client expectations, presentations and act as subject matter expert on financial analytics discussions
- Responsible for checking the methodology and results used by team
- Responsible for quality assessment of project deliverables
- Help assess the impact of work, and conduct so-what analysis
- Develop storylines and make presentations
- Knowledge sharing on financial analytics project with the extended team.
- Engage with International clients and adapt to different market maturity stages and business needs
- Active contribution to business development and supporting pre-sales activities. - Act as Subject Matter Exp