CEO at Consult ShekharPandey
Views:337 Applications:63 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Consultant - Aerospace & Defense (15-20 yrs)
An affiliate of the US Chamber of Commerce, is seeking a new hire who will have primary responsibility for its Aerospace and Defense (A&D) portfolios in India. This New Delhi-based position is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial, accountable, public policy or government/public affairs professional looking to join a cohesive, collaborative and ambitious team at the premier trade association focused on advancing the US-India strategic partnership through greater bilateral trade and investment.
- Important attributes for any candidate include a deep understanding of the US-India strategic and defense dialogue and its interconnection with South Asian, Indo-Pacific, and global security concerns;
- A general familiarity with the two countries- trade and investment relations; and specific knowledge of the A&D sectors- key policy issues and American and Indian companies.
- The position will also require action in a variety of areas besides policy development, including oral and written advocacy with the Government of India; member services and relations; event and webinar management; thought leadership; and business development.
- Prior experience with these activities- and especially in developing close and trusted relationships with corporate executives- will help the new hire succeed in the position.
- Other behaviors and capacities that will enable the candidate to perform at a high-level include a positive attitude; eagerness to learn; strong writing skills; commitment to working as part of a team and across time zones; respect for colleagues and different cultures; and enthusiasm for thinking creatively to help members resolve their challenges and accomplish their objectives.
- As part of the India team, the new hire will report directly to Managing Director and Deputy
- Managing Director on day-to-day matters. However, s/he will be expected to coordinate very closely with A&D lead in the United States on all issues related to the portfolios, and, as appropriate, with senior leadership in Washington, DC.