Construction Lawyer - Construction & Development Sector (7-12 yrs)
Looking to hire a Construction lawyer with 7- 12 years of experience in construction and development sector for their Mumbai office.
- Partner with the wider DCS legal team and support colleagues in the development and delivery teams in India. Management of governance, record keeping and compliance with all applicable laws, corporate rules and Colt Standards
- Negotiation of key construction contracts in different jurisdictions. Currently, seeking to use the FIDIC yellow book form where possible, or a local equivalent (e.g. VOB in India).
- Coordination with external counsel, management of engagement and payment of legal fees, building suitable network of local contacts and law firms.
- Should occur, the management of construction disputes on behalf of the Company. Assistance with the administration of all construction contracts.
- Arranging execution/stamping of final form agreements. Participate in international projects and related business activities in connection with the ownership and operation of data centres, investor demands and refinancing/restructuring.
- Strong experience in the construction and development sector, with a good understanding of the project lifecycle.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating consultancy agreements, a range of works contracts, settlement agreements, deeds of variation and similar.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Preparation and management of construction precedent data base.
- Provision of training on construction contracts to key business stakeholders. Providing legal research support where required.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.