HR at Boutique Business Research Firm
Views:813 Applications:186 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:82
Competitive Intelligence Analyst - IT/ICT Business Research - KPO (6-7 yrs)
This role is to support the CI program of a top-notch global IT company in their pursuit of business and growth as well as competitive differentiation. The role necessitates a good mix of two skill sets - core business research (to research and create high impact PPTs) and understanding / working on IT/ICT solutions like data center, cloud, SD-WAN, cybersecurity, etc.
This is an individual contributor, hands-on, full-time opportunity for an experienced competitive intelligence analyst. You should have worked in a demanding CI role, with a KPO or an IT company, to support CXO and sales teams with battlecards on IT / ICT service providers. This is presently a remote role.
DO NOT APPLY if you come from primary research and financial research background.
- Develop comprehensive battlecard that help sales people know and pitch competitive advantages of company solutions while keeping sight of rival capabilities
- Deep dive on competitor product portfolio and bring out positioning, solution gaps, weaknesses and strengths
- Drive holistic understanding of competitor structure, GTMs, financial performance, and sales and business strategy
- Track company, competitor and sector developments to leverage current market dynamics and assess relative positions
- Conduct solution, trend and market assessments for the business in support of C-level and RFP requirements
- Extensively leverage analyst reports (Gartner, IDC, ISG, Everest, Avasant, etc.), company published information, and market commentary to deliver incisive competitive intelligence
- Evolve as a specialist and a competitive intelligence expert with deep and wide hold on company propositions, their position in the market, and the competitive landscape
- Should have worked on competitive battlecards that arm sales rep with substantial information to counter competitor's capabilities and position company capabilities as superior
- Preferable understanding / knowledge of IT solutions like cloud, data center, networking, cybersecurity, digital workplace, etc.
- Substantial work on secondary research and ability to creatively leverage Google to find information
- Ability to learn and quickly settle into the role
- Extensive working on PPT to develop compelling storyline and visually appealing styles
- Worked on delivering multiple slides in a day and lengthy documents turned around in short periods
- Detail oriented, logical and deductive to compare information and arrive as conclusions, comfortable with handling large volume of information
- Self-starter, motivated to pursue a specialist role, and capable of making time to add domain skills and hold while also delivering on projects