Company Secretary - Statutory Position - Home Furnishing - LLB (6-10 yrs)
We are looking for a qualified Company Secretary for a leading home furnishings company. It's a statutory position.
- The Candidate must be based in Bangalore and be a native Kannada Speaker.
- The candidate must have experience in handling 'holding company and subsidiaries Co.s.
- Well versed with reporting of related party transactions.
- Also should be able to ensure compliance for a Public limited company.
- Should have handled the board meeting and should be meticulous in the matters of secretarial compliance.
- Should be 6-10 yrs exp n reputed companies.
- Prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees, and annual general meetings (AGMs) and follow up on action points.
- Convene and service AGMs, take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with appropriate departments.
- Provide legal, financial, and/or strategic advice during and outside of meetings.
- Ensure policies, regulatory, or statutory changes that might affect the organization are up to date and approved by the committee.
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors, and secretaries.
- Handle correspondence, collate information, write reports and communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers such as lawyers and auditors.
- Implement processes or systems to ensure good management of the organization.
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Pay dividends to shareholders and manage share option schemes opted by various shareholders.
- Take an active role and provide valuable input to the management decisions related to sharing issues, mergers, and takeovers.
- Fully qualified Company Secretary
- Although this area of work is open to all graduates, candidates with a Bachelor's degree in accountancy and finance, business and management, and the law would be preferred
- Strong administrative skills and an aptitude for using IT software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels.
- Influencing skills.
- Excellent organization and time management.
- An ability to take initiative.
- A flexible and practical approach to work.
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- Maintain a diplomatic approach towards issues.
- Confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff
Employment Type : Full-time
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.