Director at Alpha Orion Consultants
Views:1918 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Company Secretary - Mutual Fund Firm (10-15 yrs)
- The role is responsible for ensuring that the administrative responsibilities set out in Companies Act are properly carried out, there is sound compliance and effective governance and assistance is provided to the Board of Directors in execution of its tasks
- The position is also responsible for activities related to Securities laws, listing agreement, depository bye-laws and other applicable SEBI regulations.
Key responsibilities -
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take responsibility for formulating the Corporate Governance Practices for Mutual Fund Business and oversee the implementation of the same
- Formulate a roadmap and oversee the implementation of compliances related to Companies Act, Secretarial standards, Stock Exchange Regulations and SEBI guidelines etc.
- Coordinate with the Directors & members of the management committee and take responsibility for convening all statutory board meetings and shareholders- meetings, define the agenda, manage proceedings and draft minutes of the meet.
- Facilitate implementation of the Joint Venture/ Shareholders Agreement, and other allied Agreements.
- Take responsibility for filing of documents & returns with the Registrar of Companies, maintain statutory registers and records and manage compliances