Senior Consultant at Kelly
Views:1693 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Company Secretary - Healthcare/Pharma (4-7 yrs)
Role : Company Secretary
- To ensure compliance of the provisions of Companies Law and rules made there-under and other statutes and bye-laws of the company.
- To ensure that business of the company is conducted in accordance with its objects as contained in its memorandum of association.
- To ensure that affairs of the company are managed in accordance with its objects contained in the articles of association and the provisions of the Companies Law.
- To prepare the agenda in consultation with the Chairman and the other documents for all the meetings of the board of directors.
- To arrange with and to call and hold meetings of the board and to prepare a correct record of proceedings.
- To attend the broad meetings in order to ensure that the legal requirements are fulfilled, and provide such information as are necessary.
- To prepare, in consultation with the chairman, the agenda and other documents for the general meetings, arrange for the annual and extraordinary general meetings of the company and to attend such meetings in order to ensure compliance with the legal requirements and to make correct record thereof.
- To carry out all matters concerned with the allotment of shares, and issuance of share certificates including maintenance of statutory Share Register and conducting the appropriate activities connected with share transfers.
- To prepare, approve, sign and seal agreements leases, legal forms, and other official documents on the company's behalf, when authorized by the broad of the directors or the executive responsible.
- To advise, in conjunctions with the company's solicitors, the chief executive or other executive, in respect of the legal matters, as required.
- To engage legal advisors and defend the rights of the company in Courts of Law.
- To have custody of the seal of the company.
Legal Obligations :
- Proper maintenance of books and registers of the company, implement policies formulated by the Directors, deal with correspondence between company and shareholders, etc. Statutory book-keeping and others - Register of members and index thereof, register of directors and office-holders, contracts, register of local members, directors and officers, ensure statutory forms are filed promptly, provide members and auditors with notice of meeting, supplying copy of accounts to every member of the company entitled to receive notice of general meetings.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.