Managing Partner at Skyleaf Consultants
Views:2244 Applications:118 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Company Secretary & Compliance Officer - Auto/BFS/Oil & Gas/Pharma/Manufacturing Firm (17-22 yrs)
Company Secretary and Compliance Officer
Purpose Of the role:
- To lead the designated Company Secretarial role for the company, and secretarial affairs for its group entities and oversee compliance adherence by all the entities.
- Proactively assist and guide the directors on matters relating to governance and safeguard the interests of the Company, its shareholders, and its employees.
- The role would be also responsible to protect the interest of the Directors, KMP and the organization against prosecution for regulatory non-compliances, advise the Directors on the matters of governance and implement processes to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations and standards.
- Provide to the directors of the Company, collectively and individually, guidance as they may require, with regard to their duties, responsibilities, and authority
- Facilitate in conducting board meetings, committee meetings and shareholder meetings and keeping record of minutes of the meetings, maintenance of statutory books under the Company Act and liaising with various agencies in relation with legal and statutory requirements and all statutory filings is required.
- Assist the Board in the conduct of the affairs of the Company
- Assist and advise the Board in ensuring best in class corporate governance practices and in complying with the corporate governance requirements
- Discharges such other duties as have been specified under the Companies Act or the relevant rules; and other duties as may be assigned by the Board from time to time
- Ensuring that the company complies with its Memorandum and Articles of Association and, drafting and incorporating amendments in accordance with correct procedures
- Co-ordinating the publication and distribution of the company's annual report and accounts and interim statements, in consultation with the company's internal and external advisers when preparing the directors' report and the annual report.
- Maintaining the company's register of members; dealing with transfers and other matters affecting shareholdings; dealing with queries and requests from shareholders. Communicating with the shareholders (e.g. through circulars); arranging payment of dividends and interest; issuing documentation regarding rights issues and capitalization issues; maintaining good general shareholder relations; maintaining healthy relations with institutional shareholders and their investment committees.
- Compliance with LODR and other applicable SEBI and Stock Exchange rules, regulations, and guidelines
- Governance framework - Board and committee charter, whistle blower policy administration, ensure agile vigil mechanism exists
- Automation of secretarial functional aspects, such as PIT compliances, Board meeting and governance processes etc.
- Monitoring and laying in place procedures which allow for compliance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements, under the Companies Acts, LODR, SEBI regulations etc, including legal requirements on retention of documents; retaining the relevant records required for commercial reasons; ensuring that procedures are in place to allow adequate historical archive to be maintained.
- Process ownership for compliance with certain specific legislations including - (i) Labor laws; (ii) Maintaining trade licensing; (iii) Fire NOCs for the stores; (iv) Filing of applicable returns relating to store related operations
- Oversight of compliance with all applicable statutes, laws, rules, and regulations relevant for all the Group Companies
- Maintain an online portal/ software tool to facilitate tracking and monitoring of compliances
- Organise training and education sessions to elevate the knowledge and awareness around applicable regulations and laws
- Represent before various regulators, and other authorities in connection with discharge of various compliance duties and obligations
- Manage the secretarial and Company Law compliances of identified subsidiaries, joint venture and associate companies within group
- Conduct and convene relevant Board and Committee meetings of such Group Company legal entities
- Ensure regulatory compliance oversight from a governance perspective for the Group Companies
- Groom, coach, and mentor technically capable and business oriented second in line team comprising of qualified Company Secretaries and law graduates
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.