Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:4232 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:106
Company Secretary - Asset Management Firm (7-12 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well-established, professionally managed Foreign Asset Management Company to identify a Company Secretary to be based at Mumbai. The position is at the level of an Assistant Vice President.
- To guide company directors about the day-to-day management of their organizations, including compliance with legal and statutory requirements.
- To hold a strategic position at the heart of governance operations within an organization and act as a point of communication between the board of directors and company shareholders.
- Liaising with government departments and regulatory authorities for obtaining necessary sanctions and ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensure timely and effective legal solution to all issues faced by the organization.
- Management of all compliances under Companies Act, SEBI listing regulations, provisions of Banking Regulation Act relating to directors/shareholding, filing of forms with stock exchanges (Indian and Overseas), Registrar of Companies (ROC), engaging with officials of stock exchange, ROC to resolve interpretational queries, implementation of regulations etc.
- All activities connected with convening Board/Committee meetings, preparation, circulation of agenda, minutes, maintenance of statutory registers and records, obtaining disclosures from directors. Convening AGM and management of all activities connected with AGM such as preparation of annual report, notice, e-voting arrangements with depositories, disclosure to stock exchanges and other administrative tasks.
- Guidance to subsidiaries on secretarial practices, processes and policies to ensure that these are consistently followed across the group.
- Maintenance of secretarial records, statutory books and registers.
- Filing of returns with Registrar of Companies.
- Note minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns.
- Follow up on actions from meetings.
- Oversee policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval.
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advise members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Coordination with the registrar, RBI, Stock Exchanges, SEBI and statutory authorities to ensure proper maintenance of the register of shareholders and obtain appropriate approvals as and when required.
- Structuring of various policies relating to Insider Trading, ESOPs, etc.
- Knowledge of SEBI Regulations on Capital Market/listing agreement, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Attention to detail and a well-organized approach to work.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members.
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information.
- A sound grasp of corporate governance issues.
- A commercial frame of mind.
- Candidates should be qualified Company Secretary, with 7 to 12 years relevant experience in the BFSI Sector.
- Candidates currently working with an AMC will be preferred. A degree in Law will be an added advantage.