Managing Consultant at HR Avenues
Views:3189 Applications:392 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:115
Company Secretary (12-15 yrs)
The scope of the position : The Company Secretary is a strategic role in the company and the incumbent is expected to have a thorough understanding of the company law and other statutory compliances. And will keep the management updated on legal requirements and the board of directors duly informed about statutory obligations. He/she will ensure that all procedures mandated under the law are followed, all records are maintained and that the reporting requirements are fulfilled.
Some of the key responsibilities include :
- Dealing with and responsible for all relevant matters pertaining to the listing agreements on Stock Exchanges, the Companies Act, SEBI and other bodies/departments.
- All matters relating to organizing Board meetings, Shareholder meetings, various Committees- meetings and communication thereof and also maintaining all relevant records.
- All shareholder matters, interaction with investors and analysts.
- Matters relating to restructuring and new company formation.
- Drafting/vetting of all relevant contracts.
- Representation and appearance before statutory bodies,
- Other related matters arising from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience required :
- Qualified Company Secretary with meritorious academic background
- Should have post qualification experience of 12-15 years including that of leading Secretarial function for at least three years.
- Should have worked with well known, large and list Corporate Entity (or Entities) with professional Board of Directors.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all relevant legal and statutory compliance requirements.
- Should have an eye for detail.
- Very good communication skills
- Team manager and stakeholder manager,
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- This job description is intended as a representation of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position.
- The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.