Talent Specialist at Xpheno
Views:217 Applications:53 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Commodity Buyer - Industrial Products (8-12 yrs)
- Develop and implement strategies for buying commodities from suppliers.
- Assess, evaluate and suggest reliable commodity suppliers.
- Evaluate and improve costing techniques.
- Command proficiency in commodities and buying processes and update as required.
- Execute commodity purchasing localization activities with local and global teams to achieve localization targets.
- Build a strong local supply base to support components requirements globally.
- Supplier relationship management, handling local pricing negotiations.
- Impact on Business (i.e. business contribution, nature and scope of responsibility, risk and financial management, strategic/tactical/operative responsibility)
- Develop and implement strategies to create an efficient supply chain and reduce commodity purchase costs.
- Work to minimize supplier risk by establishing strategies for risk evaluation.
- Research potential vendors and compare their products, prices, and services.
- Negotiate contracts with commodity suppliers and set up terms for prices and delivery.
- Conduct analyses of market conditions and trends and use this information to predict future supply needs.
Innovation and Change (i.e. range and diversity of activities, problems, processes, market dynamics and management challenges that need to be recognized and resolved, improvement of processes, systems or products)
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record of driving savings
- Alleviate risks and focus on developing supplier performance.
- Develop and maintain business communication with suppliers regarding their concerns.
- Communication with internal and/or external Customers, Suppliers as well as Third Parties (indicate nature and context of client relationship and service delivery, required communication skills, frequency of communication (i.e. infrequent =few times a year, occasional= few times a month, frequent= regular but not daily, continuous= daily)
- Report to Purchasing Head on Projects, processes, cost reduction opportunities on a weekly basis.
- Communicate supplier strategies for each commodity on Quarterly basis to internal stakeholders(Project Buyers, SQD's and Supply chain team)
People Leadership (i.e. management, motivation and development of staff as well as teamwork)
- Be a good team player and lead an internal cross functional team with respect to strategic purchasing activities.
1. B. E. Mechanical Engineering with preferred experience in the following areas:
2. Proficient in High pressure die-casting, investment casting, Raw material(Steel), Precision machining, Aluminum extrusion, Plastic injection molding, Rubber parts, Fasteners & Surface treatment processes
3. Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record of driving significant cost savings and also Global sourcing.
4. Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
5. A quick learner, can understand equipment's manufacturing processes and cost drivers in a short term
6. Good general knowledge including Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Previous exposure to ERP/SAP system
Professional Knowledge and Experiences
8-10 years experience
Location - Bengaluru
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.