Cogoport - Lead - HR Operations (4-10 yrs)
HR Operations Lead
Do you prefer to get speeding tickets or parking tickets?
Because at Cogoport we are speeding ahead to do something remarkable for the world. We are trying to solve the Trade Knowledge and Execution Gap, which is currently widening and preventing trade to the tune of $3.4 trillion annually. This Gap has enormous economic as well as human impact and disproportionately hits small and medium businesses globally.
The team at Cogoport is working on developing a new category, the Global Trade Platform, that helps companies discover and connect with appropriate trade partners, optimize shipping and logistics options and costs, and improve cash management and cash flow.
Cogoport is currently in hypergrowth mode. We are proud to have been named an Asia-Pacific High-Growth Company by the Financial Times and an Indian Growth Champion by the Economic Times. We are aiming to reach an annualized revenue of $1 billion (7700 Crores INR) by this summer and are hiring over 500 additional employees. We are currently hiring in Mumbai, Gurgaon, Chennai and Bangalore.
Cogoport Culture: We have two core values at Cogoport-Intrapreneurship and Customer-centricity. If you share these values and are a hard worker who is willing to take risks (and occasionally get a speeding ticket), you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions with Cogoport.
Life at Cogoport:
- It's rare to be able to join a company that can give you the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see your ideas come to life. You'll be surrounded by some of the smartest engineers and commercial specialists in India and the Asia Pacific Region.
- With huge growth and the right entrepreneurial mindset, comes huge opportunities! So, wherever you join us, you'll be able to dream, deliver better and brighter solutions, and speed ahead with the possibility to propel your career forward in endless directions as our company continues to grow and expand.
International Trade can be complicated at times and every day brings new challenges and opportunities to learn. When we simplify international trade, it empowers and affects every human being on the face of this earth. Seven billion people - one common problem.
As a part of the Talent team at Cogoport, you will get an opportunity to be a part of an industry-wide revolution in the world of shipping and logistics by collaborating with other brilliant minds to resolve real world on-ground challenges. You will have a direct impact on the revenue and profitability growth for the organization.
About the Role:
We are looking for someone who will act as a champion for our company growth as we build a diverse and high-performance team. You will partner closely with our Executives and Team Leaders, enabling us to have HR initiatives that are cost-effective, run smoothly and contribute to a healthy work environment.
- Set objectives for the HR operations team and track progress based on metrics
- Monitor internal HR systems and databases
- Review and approve or modify budgets
- Design and implement company policies
- Monitor key HR metrics
- Act as a consultant to managers and staff regarding policies and procedures
- Create detailed reports on HR costs
- Recommend new software to address personnel needs, like performance review tools
- Address employees' queries (e.g. on compensation and all other relevant topics)
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors
- Asses and maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of the same
- Complete HR operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Proven work experience as an HR Operations Manager, HR Manager or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems
- Experience designing compensation and benefits packages
- Ability to develop clear and fair company policies
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
- Team management skills
Educational Background: Post-graduate in HRM.
The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Excellent influence and communication ability
- Ability to work in a start-up and under pressure
- A leader and strategic thinker.
Our Core Values:
Intrapreneurship: At Cogoport, you own and drive projects forward. You have the world at your feet, and complete flexibility and freedom to take up new initiatives that would benefit the customer.
Customer Centricity: Our customers are at the heart of all that we do. Without happy customers, our company is doomed. Understanding their perspective collectively is key to our success.
Cogoport is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and respected at work.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.