Cogoport - Finance Controller (5-10 yrs)
Cogoport is the leading & fastest growing B2B tech organisation disrupting the logistics space. We are here to simplify freight movement for businesses across the globe. Our business model is based on principles of aggregation and integration of services. We do this by providing digital and technology-enabled solutions that enable freight to move faster, cheaper and more efficiently from point to point.
At Cogoport, you will get to solve interesting problems by collaborating with Engineers, UI Designers, Business Developers, Marketeers and Data teams. We are looking for enthusiastic people who have a keen interest in resolving real-world on-ground challenges & love working in a fast-paced work environment.
Expectations from Finance Controller:
Cogoport is looking for a Finance Controller who is capable of building and mentoring a fast-growing passionate, young and super talented team. He or She should be a great communicator, and an issue resolver. As a financial controller you will be responsible for managing, developing and overseeing the whole financial management system of the organization.
He or she should be a modern thinker and believer of manager and hierarchy free organisation like cogoport. He or she should be a great mentor and custodian of culture from a distance so that any organisational politics and power centre never creeps up. The ideal candidate would be assessed only on the basis of role fitment. Critical is that he/she must be curious and learner to be able to seek out and evaluate new ideas and bring them back into the organisation.
1. Responsible for reviewing the organization's adherence to regulatory guidelines including but not limited to taxation, accounting principles, secretarial and foreign exchange controls.
2. Ensuring real-time financial statements like balance sheet, P&L accounts, cash flow statements and income statements are available for business decision making
3. Understanding accounting, taxation and legal framework of new markets
4. Ensuring compliance of business processes align with needs of new markets through partnerships with consultants
5. Coordinating financial activities to ensure effective protection of the company assets value through established internal controls and accounting procedures
6. Evaluating strength and thoroughness of compliance preparations, security policies and risk management procedures
1. Proven work experience - (5yrs+) as a Finance Controller
2. Hands-on experience with accounting software
3. Familiarity with advanced formulas in MS Excel
4. Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports
5. Ability to accurately process numerical data
6. Team management and negotiation skills
7. Problem-solving attitude
9. Post graduate - MBA + CA/CFA/CS