Executive TAG at Cognizant
Views:8231 Applications:142 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:127
Cognizant - General Manager - Valuations - Global Valuation Control Group (12-15 yrs)
Brief Job Description (Handling a team responsible for):
The role exists within the Global Valuation Control group. The primary responsibilities of the group are to :
- Independently verify the valuation of the client's Capital Market portfolio - including equity, derivatives, Forex, Rates, Credit, securitisation and other trading portfolios
- Independently verify the valuation of the client's collateral positions
- Ensure that adequate provisions are booked to cover primary and consequential risks
- Report on the accuracy of reserves and valuations to senior management
- Develop improved testing and analysis processes, based on understanding of the business and positions
- Ensure global consistency between regional control groups, and collate, review, and report upon their results
- Interpret the impact of accounting policy changes on the portfolio and monitor compliance with accounting policies
The controllers in this team will be responsible for testing involving a variety of portfolios comprising of cash equities, vanilla and exotic options, swaps, ETDs, convertible bonds, FX & IR derivatives, Credit bonds & Derivatives and a wide variety of structured products. They will also be integral in the identification and resolution of global valuation related issues ranging from those originating within the organization and from external regulatory bodies.
- University education in Mathematics/Economics/Sciences/Accountancy or similar logical subject.
- CPA or good degree in Accountancy or Finance would be preferred but not essential.
- MS Finance/Any other Master's Degree in Finance would be preferred but not essential.
- CFA from AIMR/ FRM preferable
Work Experience and Skills required:
- 12-15 years of experience
- Strong domain knowledge in the area of Valuation Control
- Thorough understanding of the Capital Market Products & Valuation models
- Good understanding of accounting standards impacting valuations and fair value hierarchy
- Strong quantitative skill-set with full understanding of relevant pricing models.
- A strong self-starter who is delivery focused with the ability to think laterally under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Very strong people management skills
- Direct client & team handling experience
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Prior experience working with traders and senior business personnel would be an advantage.
Job Location : Mumbai (Airoli)