Senior Associate HR at Cognizant
Views:66 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Cognizant - Business Analyst - Accounting Domain (7-9 yrs)
Work environment :
The COO Risk & Finance department delivers Risk & Finance related services to its stakeholders, i.e. Group Finance, country CFO's and Wholesale Banking, Risk, Tax and Bank Treasury. These services encompass operations and change initiatives for accounting, reporting, data foundation and business advice services, including system, process, data and information management, and analytics capabilities. By design, the services are reliable, secure and in control. Change is delivered in accordance with the Finance strategy and implementation and decommissioning roadmap.
Profile description :
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic professional with strong analytical capabilities. You excel in one of the areas of Financial accounting, Financial reporting or Finance processes and how they are supported by the applications. You are energised by working on concrete and tangible results in a complex and continuously changing environment.
Responsibilities & Activities :
- Translation of business requirements into Finance user requirements;
- You support the product owner and the squad in managing the backlog by translating epics into features and, together with the squad, into user stories.
- Information analysis: you analyse the necessary input, output, and adjustment of data in the client processes. You analyse the information need. You investigate the quality of the captured data and come up with solutions to improve quality;
- Prepare initial analysis of to be migrated portfolios
- Day-2-day migration support analysis
- Maintain the book / organisational structure in static data system FSD;
- Execute Functional, Acceptance and Migration testing;
- Functional support; daily checking of EOD (timeliness, correctness, completeness of financial/product accounting, reporting, ledger)
Required skills, knowledge & experience :
- Knowledge of Lending and Trade Finance products and (Product) Accounting concepts; - Knowledge of GAAP's (IFRS, other GAAP's is a plus);
- Understand and knowledge of the banking processes;
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting related static data;
- Knowledge of and experience with general ledgers and accounting rules engine;
- Knowledge of and experience with agile/scrum way of working;
- Knowledge of and experience of working with SQL;
- Affinity with IT.
- You are a strong communicator and are able to present your analyses in a clear manner;
- Excellent communication skills in oral and written English;
- You actively ask for help and feedback and are not afraid to give feedback; - You put your own interests second to the concern of the chapter and squad;
- You actively keep up your professional knowledge and have a clear vision on your area of expertise within your chapter;
- Quick absorber of complex information;
- Proactive attitude towards tackling issues;
- Has a customer focus and is result driven;
- Team worker but also capable of working independently;
- You like to work in a multidisciplinary squad and in a dynamic international environment;
- You take responsibility to get the work done.
Required qualifications :
- You possess a University (Bachelor- s/Master- s) degree in (business) economics or a comparable field;
- You have at least 3 years of experience of working as a BA in a Finance environment;
- You have a proven track record with change management and migrations.