Founder at Sum InsureTech
Views:1056 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Cofounder/Chief Technical Officer - InsureTech Startup (6-10 yrs)
Looking for CTO/Co-founder, preferably from the Insurance industry, with 6-10 years of experience who has had hands-on experience in building technology platforms from scratch. This is an opportunity to join a start-up on the ground floor and enjoy all the rewards associated with it.
What We're Building : A technology platform that will allow distribution of specialty, contextual and micro insurance products. Our platform will be offered to insurance companies in the form of API of SDKs for their native Systems/Apps and will be easily blend in with their existing eco-system.
Current State of Affairs : The organization is officially recognized by the DIPP under the Startup India Program and is currently operating under the radar by design. The prototype is currently being built and will be launched in about in 60 days, we already have a healthy pipeline. While currently the organization is bootstrapped, we will seek pre-Series A funding once the product is launched to ensure that we get a better valuation.
Education Qualification : UG/PG from IITs/IIITs/ BITS/NITs. While pedigree is important, it will go hand in hand with skills, experience and vision.
Primary Responsibilities :
1. Work with the Founder in building the vision, architecture, team, technology stack and platform
2. Should constantly keep yourself updated with all new trends, technologies, and approaches that could make our product better.
3. Recruit, hire and lead the technology team & related vendors
4. Be a thought leader. Work on constantly improving our product but also have a bunch of moon-shot ideas that we can execute over time.
5. Help in building a great place to work, which is a lot of fun & develops great team spirit.
Hard Skills :
- Stronghold AL/ML tech/algorithms
- Ability to build mobile Apps since the platform is going to be mobile-first
- Proficient in Advanced Analytics and Visualizations
- Have strong Project Management skills
- Have exposure to BPA/RPA technology
- Preferably, have a conceptual understanding of the different dynamics of Insurance Industry such as Product Development, Actuary, Risk Management, Claims etc
- Compensation for Co-Founder will be in the form of pure equity for the first year. We are expected to be cash rich within a year and will be able to draw market salaries post that
- I am open to option of the Co-Founder joining me part time initially and continuing with their existing job, which will obviously reflect in the equity that you will draw
- I am looking for a partner and not an employee, hence, if you are looking for market salary from Day 1, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY
What is in it for you?
Currently, this is "my" startup, it will become "our" startup. While I take care of the business side of things, you will manage the backbone. We will build, raise funds, grow the company together. You will have the full freedom and ownership to operate based on your style. I have an exit path in mind, so if we are able to execute all our plans, it will be a very rewarding experience for us both in the not so distant future.