Coding Ninjas - Program Manager (3-13 yrs)
About Coding Ninjas :
- Coding Ninjas is one of the largest online coding EdTech company in India, with focus on teaching programming courses to college students. Coding Ninjas has a market leadership position in India today and teaches 20,000+ students annually. The company recently announced a USD 5.2 Million Series A investment from Info Edge (naukri.com) which will be deployed in scaling the business across both in India and in international market.
- Coding Ninjas Founded in 2016, by Ankush Singla, Kannu Mittal, Dhawal Parate, with IIT and Stanford background, and experience of working in Amazon, Facebook, Cars24, and other top startups in India. As pioneers in EdTech, Coding Ninjas is on its path to become the defacto coding education company in India for college students.
- Coding Ninjas has recently launched an ISA (Income Sharing Agreement) based education program under the brand name Career Camp. This program is a disruptive model and is going to change the education industry forever. Career Camp is already one of the largest such programs in the country and we are looking to hire leaders to join us in this journey
Job Brief :
Program Manager : A Program Manager is someone who is responsible to take up a essential program of the business and take it forward in terms of growth and evolution for the next stage. As a Program Manager, you will have complete independence on what other initiatives/programs you would like to start to ensure meeting the objectives of your program. You would be expected to create processes and design tech projects which work at Scale.
- 3+ year experience in team management
- Excellent Problem Solver
- Highly data-oriented
- Entrepreneurial and able to think on your feet to come up with ways to solve problems.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Compensation : INR 12-25L CTC based on experience
We have multiple openings for the Program Manager profile. Here are the roles and functions corresponding to different openings :
1. Program Manager - Industry Mentor Management: Industry mentors are highly qualified and experienced people who are working in different organizations. In their part time, these mentors are ready to help us in preparing our students for interviews and in getting their dream job with their own experience and exposure to real world. We are looking for someone to manage this amazing team of Industry mentors and optimize all associated processes.
Responsibilities/ Major responsibilities will include:
a. Managing Industry Mentors - You will have to keep focus on improving the process and have continuously try to automate the processes as much as we can
i. Hiring and onboarding of Industry Mentors
ii. Assigning students to each industry mentor, after understanding the interest of student and experience of mentor
iii. Arranging timely one-on-one interaction and live webinars of mentor with their students
iv. Arranging mock interviews of every student with different mentors for placement preparation
v. Collecting and analyzing feedbacks given by the mentors after mock interviews and communicate them to students so that they can work and improve on their weak points
b. Students and Mentors engagement
i. Creating workflows/processes to increase student motivation to attend the sessions with mentors and keep them engaged with the process.
ii. Ensuring that mentors are highly motivated to help students in every possible way and they are constantly helping students in improving their performance every day.
iii. Main metrics to follow here are the - number of webinars happened, number of students attended the webinar, number of one-on-one interactions with the mentor, number of mock interviews arranged etc.
c. Managing the team of executives
i. Executives will be available for you to call/email the mentors and students, for managing different operations and creating a bridge between students and mentors.
2. Program Manager - Career Camp Admissions: We are looking for someone for heading the admissions process in Career camp.
Responsibilities: Two main responsibilities for this role will be:
1. Meeting the targets in terms of number of admissions in every batch of Career camp. You will have to keep focus on improving the process and have continuous look at data to optimise for:
1. Count of applications/complete registrations for the programme
2. Count of applicants who appear for the test
3. Count of applicants who clear the test (people who are good at learning and basic mathematics)
4. Take out more insights from the counselling rounds to ensure more people start the course
5. Reduce the dropout rates/Increase the overall count of (good) students who will complete the course based on different factors (one of which is motivation)
2. Maintaining high quality among the students joining the program:
1. You will have to judge the students on their ability to learn as well as motivation.
2. This would require working with the content team to create a test to check the above qualities.
3. Program Manager - Student Experience : We are looking to hire a Program Manager to lead our efforts on creating a world class Learning Experience for all our students. Student Experience can be divided into these two broad categories:
1. Student Motivation: We need to continuously work on increasing the completion rates of our courses. One main factor here is how engaging the platform is and how motivated we can keep our students. As a Program Manager you will be responsible for:
a. Creating workflows/processes to increase student motivation and keep them engaged with the platform.
b. Managing the team of executives who will be available for you to call/email the students if needed
c. This includes platform changes as well as any manual intervention required to keep students on track to do well in the program.
d. Main metric to follow here are the completion rates of students.
2. Student Communication Management: At Coding Ninjas we believe that learning can be effective only if its interactive. In order to ensure that students are engaging with each other and also with our team we create Slack/Whatsapp groups for the students. As a Program Manager you will be responsible for:
a. Creating processes to ensure that the communication is effective and timely.
b. Figuring our the tech projects to streamline this process
4. Program Manager- Alumni Relations: We are looking to hire a Program Manager to lead our efforts on creating and building Alumni Relations and job referral program for Coding Ninjas. We have more than 20,000+ alumni and most of them are working in top product companies. This is a powerful ecosystem for us to leverage in order to create job opportunities for Career Camp students.
1. Creating the Alumni Relations cell from scratch: Building the team and product for Alumni Relations vertical from ground up.
a. Strategizing the strategy to build the cell
b. Defining SOPs and automating processes
c. Developing referral program, scheme and structure for job referrals
2. Driving Engagement and Referral program: Driving engagement in the alumni group using Social Media, mailer campaigns, etc.
3. Creating a pipeline for Placements: Collaborating with the tech team and the placements team to build the alumni referral product.
a. Designing the product roadmap and functionality, and getting it developed
b. Developing relevant KPIs for the business vertical
c. Scaling the product and increasing its usage within the alumni community