Business Lead at Acquihire
Views:833 Applications:209 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Co-Founder - Business - Startup (3-16 yrs)
Co-Founder Duties and Responsibilities :
Identify Market Opportunities :
- Before a product can enter the market, a co-founder needs to identify opportunities or areas where consumers may want or need a product that does not yet exist. A successful co-founder takes a big-picture view of their market segment or industry, identifies what is working and what needs are not yet being addressed, and determines whether that market presents an opportunity to establish and grow a successful company within that space.
Manage Product Development :
- A co-founder also plays an important role in product development and implementation. In the early stages of a new startup, a co-founder takes a very active role in developing a product, determining specifications, and bringing that product into production, whether it's a physical product or a digital solution (such as a website or application). This aspect of the role is hands-on and critical, as successful product development can determine whether a new venture is ultimately successful.
Direct Marketing and Promotion :
- Co-founders are also responsible for conducting early marketing and promotion for their product. Well before a product arrives on the market, co-founders need to network and build anticipation for their products to ensure that there is demand once the product moves into production. This part of the job can include building a social media presence, crafting press releases, and attending industry events to build word-of-mouth.
Develop Financial Estimates :
- Co-founders are in charge of developing financial estimates and setting milestones and timelines. A co-founder estimates costs to bring their product to market, develops financial plans to determine break-even points and ensure long-term solvency, and sets budgets as the company grows. Part of this role can also involve seeking out additional funding and investors for a new venture.
- Create Business Plans and Documents
- Another responsibility of a co-founder is creating business plans and important documents, which can include financial information, hiring documents, and business registration materials. Co-founders work together with legal experts to structure their businesses and create legal documents that outline each co-founder's responsibilities, shares of equity, and terms of a partnership or corporation.
Build and Lead Teams :
- As a company grows, a co-founder also needs to build and lead effective teams. This aspect of the role involves high-level decision-making as well as the ability to identify areas where it benefits the company to bring in new personnel. The ability to inspire and lead teams helps companies scale up as their market share increases and helps hire and retain staff members who are dedicated to the company's success.
Co-Founder Skills and Qualifications :
- Co-founders need to balance big-picture thinking with the day-to-day tasks that go into building a successful organization. Co-founders can come from almost any educational background, but all tend to have the following skills:
- Strategic thinking - co-founders need to excel at strategic thinking in order to identify product opportunities and make business decisions that ensure long-term success and growth
- Market research - it's also vital that co-founders are able to conduct market research and analyze trends and data to make well-informed business decisions
- Product development - in the early stages of a company, co-founders take an active role in product development, making both high-level and minute decisions regarding their products before they go to market
- Marketing and promotion - co-founders need to successfully promote their products before they go to market, building anticipation and creating demand through social media, advertising, and networking
- Personnel management - as a company grows, a co-founder needs to excel at recruiting, hiring, and retaining talented and dedicated staff members who can help bring the co-founder's vision to life
- Financial planning - co-founders need a solid grasp of financial planning and forecasting and should be able to set milestones and budgets to ensure solvency and long-term growth
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.