Principal Consultant at TeamLease Services Ltd.
Views:8591 Applications:278 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:244
Cluster Head - Trade Finance Operations - Bank (7-15 yrs)
Job Purpose - Cluster Head- Trade Finance is responsible for overall supervision, monitoring & controlling activities at branch level. Nature of job includes ensuring correct & timely processing of all transactions, client meeting, minimal escalations, evaluating branch health check etc. He/She is also responsible for overall operations & staff of trade branches/desks.Ensure regulatory compliance by efficiently coordinating with statutory bodies & Govt.Authorities
Job Responsibilities(JR) : 6 - 8 Areas
1 Seamless Operations :
- To monitor overall processing of Trade transactions on daily basis of all trade desks under the cluster. Target of seamless front end trade operations to be achieved.
- Ensure error free transaction processing flow, within agreed Turnaround time.
- Effective monitoring large value transactions and any transactional exceptions are adequately approved as per Bank policy. Daily reports / MIS are checked to ensure proper control.
- To ensure branch visits at regular intervals and monitor health check for Trade stream pending cases, Overdue import collection bills, unaccepted clean bills under LC, EDPMS, IDPMS, Overdue GR waiver, overdue GTDO, Inward tracker etc.
- Stock of Pending regulatory cases for approvals and Legal cases. Tax notices etc. to be scrutinized closely.
2. Co-ordination with External & Internal Stakeholders :
- Regular client meetings, vertical meetings and business segment meetings to build client confidence in Trade ops.
- Interaction with Internal, RBI Auditors & other regulatory agencies e.g. DGFT, FEDAI etc.
- To ensure adequate & timely closure of customer complaints.
- Analyze root cause of customer dissatisfaction and remedial measure thereon.
3. Audit and Compliance :
- Compliance to audit reports are submitted in time and ensure exception highlighted in audit reports are not repeated.
- To ensure that all the required reportings to RBI are done in time & in accurate manner.
- Operational procedures and processes to be reviewed at regular intervals to all changes in the regulations have been incorporated and branches are complying with all the statutory requirements.
4. Resource management :
- Taking requisite steps towards motivating/providing career progression for deserving candidates.
- Ensure proper onboard training for new joinees. Regularly nominating old and new staff for functional and specialized training programs. Updating latest RBI circular or notifications or FEMA guidelines during staff training sessions.
- Job rotation on periodic basis, to create fungible resource and provide support to handle spurt in volumes.
- Regular feedback to staff members on their performance and motivate them to perform better in their current role.
5. Process Assessment and Automation:
- Possibility of automation is explored and is raised to BTG to ensure minimum inputting errors and faster txn processing at TF desks.
- The objective is to improve the service deliverance time and score over the competitors.
- Providing suggestions in Trade periodic reviews to ensure that we have best market practice in the business.
6. Operations Risk Management :
- Assessment of factors impacting operations adversely in the daily processing.
- This includes monitoring of the processes, identifying deviation and checking documentation for various services offered at TF desk.