Cloudtail - Vendor Manager/People Manager (4-6 yrs)
Location: Bangalore Type: People Manager Role
Cloudtail India Private Limited is an online retailer which sells variety of goods to customers in India through the online marketplace www.amazon.in. Cloudtail offers over 6 lakh products across multiple categories like Books, Media, Apparel, Shoes, Furniture, Appliances, Consumables etc. and has buying relationships with brands across the world. Cloudtail's parent company i.e. Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran and Amazon.
In the Vendor Success Program - Core (VSP Core), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy for managing VSP vendors at scale.
- You will be responsible for the team supporting strategic and operational aspects of managing the relationships with our vendors.
- You will focus on delivering exceptional growth for the VSP vendors that you are responsible for as we rapidly expand and grow our selection by keeping the customers always at the center of all decisions.
- You will drive process standardization, automation and business metrics and build customer confidence through quality delivery, robust processes and sound reporting metrics.
- You will interface internally with leaders in Cloudtail category teams and will be responsible for all aspects of the VSP vendor's business with Cloudtail. Your team will be involved in liaising with internal teams, integrating with vendors on strategic and operational aspects of their business, identifying opportunities affecting the vendor's business and acting as a vendor advocate helping them take right business decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of Vendor Success Program Associates to partner with vendors to build and lead campaigns on selection, drive in-stock management, pricing, optimize vendor terms and to get support for marketing campaigns.
- Own the input business metrics through tracking mechanisms thereby driving the vendors to create a great customer experience.
- Drive new product and feature launches on vendor central and enable vendors move towards self-serviceability.
- Drive the team of associates to deep dive and analyze the issues for the vendors and publish recommendations and action plans based on data to improve vendor experience.
- Work with business partners to standardize and scale specific business processes to maximize shareholder value and business growth by continuously working on refining business processes to improve efficiencies and quality.
- Work with Retail and other internal business partners to understand their business challenges and come up with appropriate scalable and tech driven solutions to those problems
- Inventing and driving continuous process improvement and automation across our systems to allow us to scale a fast growing business.
- Champion the vendor needs and manage long term vendor relationships with key partners by building strong communication channels at all levels. Set proper expectations, provide clear status communications, and enable vendors achieve growth.
- Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center) to resolve vendor issues and manage escalations.
- Participate in manufacturer and vendor reviews; drive vendor scorecard excellence for themes such as selection, in-stock, profitability etc.
Post Graduate- MBA
- 4 + years of experience of which a minimum 2 + years in managing teams and interacting with customers / stake holders. Fulltime MBA from a top B School, preferred.
- Experience in Consumer-facing sectors such as Retail, FMCG, Automotive is preferred
- Relevant experience in sales/vendor management/ account manager role desired with hands on experience in designing scalable processes
- Able to lead strategically as well as unblock team tactically on day-to-day problems by diving deeply into business and technical domains
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business - by the numbers- .
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly. Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented.
- Operate in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment with full control and responsibility of achieving business objectives.
- Develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems.
- Ability to work in teams and ultimately focus on delivering results with high standards.
- Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
For More details please visit our Website: