Associate Recruiter at Cloudtail
Views:4610 Applications:607 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:155
Cloudtail - Vendor Manager (2-6 yrs)
About Cloudtail :
- Cloudtail India Private Limited is an online retailer which sells variety of goods to customers in India through the online marketplace www.amazon.in. Cloudtail offers over 6 lakh products across multiple categories like Books, Media, Apparel, Shoes, Furniture, Appliances, Consumables etc. and has buying relationships with brands across the world. Cloudtail's parent company i.e. Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran and Amazon.
Job Purpose :
- As a Vendor Manager, you will lead in building relationships with vendors, adding selection, overseeing vendor negotiations, planning marketing promotions and driving increased product availability through operational improvements.
- The Individual will manage both a high growth category as well as cross functional initiatives. The Individual should have experience in analyzing new business opportunities, building strong relationships, driving significant top and bottom line results, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- The Individual must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data. The successful candidate has superb business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations
Roles and Responsibilities :
- VMs are responsible for managing inputs, category financials, promotion management, auditing and analysis, vendor escalations and concise communications
- Analyzes sub category metrics to make decisions regarding pricing, selection, and convenience and drives for improvements
- Owns the Retail P&L for sub-categories; develops plans that drive revenue and margin improvement
- VMs are responsible for growing selection, improving terms and cost structures, building long-term relationships with vendors for the sub categories assigned
- Expands current vendor selection and secures new brand selection for assigned sub-categories
- Takes calculated risks when driving negotiations; continually raises the bar on vendor inputs, performance, and outputs
- VMs are expected to demonstrate customer and category knowledge, be an advocate for a quality customer experience, and understand the competition and industry
- VMs are expected to provide inputs into plans for subcategory regarding long term growth opportunities
- VMs are expected to demonstrate a deep understanding of Retail tools and become advocates for tool enhancements
- VMs are responsible for knowledge management, development of self and others, and recruiting
Job Specifications :
Education : Post Graduate - MBA
- 2-4 years of experience doing one of several roles: quantitative/financial analysis, retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, pricing, marketing or e-commerce.
- Proficiency in Excel, Proven analytical skills and highly numerate
- Proven Negotiation Skillsdeve
- Influencing abilities and vendor management experience
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
- Working in a start-up or early stage environment where you will be defining best practice for your function
- Ability to work in Ambiguity
- The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and effective prioritization
Good to have :
- Experience with process improvement and automation (ex: LEAN Six Sigma, Process Management)
- Proficiency with SQL
For More details please visit our Website - https://showcase.iimjobs.com/rscp-cloudtail-2449.html?ref=jdp
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.