Recruiter at Cloudtail
Views:622 Applications:45 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Cloudtail - Taxation Analyst - Direct Taxation - CA (3-5 yrs)
Type: Individual Contributor
Role: Taxation Analyst
Cloudtail India Private Limited is an online retailer which sells variety of goods to customers in India through the online marketplace www.amazon.in. Cloudtail offers over 6 lakh products across multiple categories like Books, Media, Apparel, Shoes, Furniture, Appliances, Consumables etc. and has buying relationships with brands across the world. Cloudtail's parent company i.e. Prione Business Services Private Limited is a joint venture between Catamaran and Amazon.
Why work with us?
We- re inspired by the idea of changing how people think about shopping. And we- re looking for new team members who share our passion. The Cloudtail team is encouraged to think big and innovate the shopping experiences of the future. Every day in Cloudtail offers an opportunity to challenge yourself and build something that improves the lives of shoppers
Cloudtail seeks a Taxation Analyst to manage all direct taxation related matters for the group. This role will also require end to end ownership on various automation projects right from design till complete implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing direct tax subject matter expertise to various business lines including Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service, and various product groups.
- Reviewing new business initiatives and assisting with identifying direct tax impacts on the business.
- Providing end-to-end tax requirements for projects and business initiatives, the candidate will work closely with other tax team members to scope these requirements.
- Researching and advising on various direct tax matters for residents and non-residents (examples - withholding tax position, tax treaty position, permanent establishment position etc.)
- Working closely with external advisors, for review of tax impacts on business, tax compliance and forms, agreement, and such other documentation.
- Computing Income-tax provision for US GAAP
- Ensuring adherence with all compliances under the Income-tax Act, including computation of Income-tax, filing returns, withholding taxes and equalization levy.
- Assisting with managing relationships with outside tax consultants and regulatory authorities on an ongoing basis.
- Managing and coordinating tax audits, transfer pricing, including audit preparation, responding to document requests, litigation support etc, as may be required
- Chartered Accountant
- Chartered Accountant with 3+ years of direct tax experience in public accounting firm, large multinational or professional services firm
- Thorough technical knowledge of Direct Tax, Corporate Tax (Income Tax & DTAA), Corporate Law & International Tax.
- Strong hands on experience and Knowledge of international tax issues and double tax treaties
- Basic knowledge of Indirect tax, FEMA and Transfer Pricing
- General business awareness
- Good Excel, presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent drafting skills to be able to communicate complex tax ideas and analysis in plain English language to business groups being supported
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, and ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to conceptualize and manage multiple projects
- Good Understanding of the retail business
- Experience in representing to taxation authorities
- Able to extract, analyze, and review data and make appropriate recommendations
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects
- Strong project management experience
- Partner well with people at all levels within an organization
For More details please visit our Website: